"Coney Island Washboard Roundelay"

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
A friend asked for "Coney Island Washboard Roundelay" - so here it is.

I'm loving the Ohana CKP-70, though you can't get a sense of how good the tone is from this number - very much played at lower volume as the kids were asleep in the next room. Shhhhh...

I'm not sure that split-stroke solo is hanging together. I think it needs to get more elaborate as it goes forward, not start off with the most complicated figure.

Anyway - I hope you like it.

Aloha John,
Nice job man...I like that style and voice you have ...it's soo cool!! Nice Vita uke and it sounds really nice....I see you have a nice collection already...enjoy those classic songs too...
I used to live UWS....upper west side....near Zabars...off broadway...must be really cold up there now...anyways thanks for sharing....Happy Stummings...MM Stan

Thanks, Stan. I appreciate it!

I'm in my office at Times Square at the moment. Yes, it's probably colder up there near Zabars! Still, it's sunny, and not as bad as it has been. You have to VERY happy you're in Hawaii and not here!! :)

Cool look'n uke! As usual a great tune well played. I'm digg'n your use of triples and the spilt strokes I've been checking your videos and can now recognize what you're doing, can't DO it yet but it is making sense how it's done. Thanks for sharing,
DAP

Thanks, DAP! Much appreciated.

I'm glad the strokes are coming clear to you - I've been working on the shake, which is still a disaster for me. :\

Aye- you ended up with it!!!! I was so bummed you wanted it I backed up- mine is coming tomorrow :)
John, this is brilliant... now to sit and wait for my Vita to get here (sigh)
OK- colab? Bear in a ladies Boudoir? I am down!
Great sound mate- thanks for posting

Thanks, Shrink!

Thank you, Dave - and sorry, I didn't know you were eying the Ohana. Yes - I got it; the hand off was three Saturdays ago. I really love it, but the fact that you're getting brand new has got to feel good. Now that I've played it for a few weeks, I'm going to sand the bridge down to drop the action somewhat - it's a little high. Still the tone is great and I got to connect with another Dave, who lives a few blocks away.

"Bear in a Ladies Boudoir" ? I don't know it, but I'm game. :)

Aye- got "updated" by UPS...they were saying that I was getting it today, but alas, as the day began to end, I finally got the "Monday" message. Yeah, I have wanted one forever- finally came up with a reason the wife could not deny ;)
The one I am getting is from another UU-er though, not new. Good enough, got a fair price and it is minty. CAN'T WAIT
OK- so tune- right up the alley here
Ukulele Ike

cheers
Dave

For some reason, I've never heard this!!! Fantastic.

OK; Must learn it!!

Thanks, Dave and enjoy that Ohana!

Top Bottom