UAS - Uke #5 - Banjo Uke

hotnanas

Reaction score
I've got to get home early today! I can't even tune it here at work because it is way too loud, even during my lunch break. Yet another uke to annoy the girlfriend and dogs with.

Anyhow here are some pics. I actually went ebay crazy last week, so I have all sorts of goodies trickling in to my office.

picture.php

picture.php

Cool, What else do you have coming?

some random 6 string uke, and lots of motorcycle stuff.

nice banjolele Cliff! hope you have plans to make a video with it!;)
thanks...of course, but it would probably be an instrumental.

i'm curious about who makes this thing. the only information I can find on it is "JAPAN" stamped on the neck. I don't really feel like looking inside the body.

I don't fancy banjoleles, but maybe UAS changes everything!

honestly, neither do i. but i saw it on ebay and well that dang bid now button always gets the best of me.

i don't have a uke that looks anything like it, and I don't want a bunch of ukes that look the same just different sizes.

look the same:
1. hilo soprano
2. mitchell concert

different:
3. bugsgear eleuke
4. risa concert ukestick
5. banjo uke

i think I don't really like this thing. I am going to change out the strings and hope to have better luck. I think the strings that are currently on it are some heavy fishing line and not meant for uke. It's impossible to get it to tune to GCEA. The friction tuners on it must be lacking friction also.

Hey hotnanas

I swapped my banjouke strings for Aquila tenors and put new Grover tuners on it as well as the old ones were slipping and nothing could stop them.

One day I will need to change the head on mine as sometime in the past there has been a botched attempt to put a velum head on and it has not been entirely successful. It's still ok for a beginner like me.

It is still very different from my ukulele and I really have to be in the mood but I'd have to say that when I am in the mood it is so much fun to bash some tunes out.

I know it will depend on the sort of music you like to play and the sort of noise you want to make bu I'd adveise you stick at playing it or hang it on a wall until the mood takes you, some day it will be the perfect tool for the job.

Take care

thanks. Last night I took the good ol screw driver to the tuners and well found the friction. I think these are maybe some relatively new Martin strings, as they aren't settled and stretching. Now I need to work on the intonation a bit, since it's really not there. Are these things supposed to have actions compared to a standard ukulele? The action on this is super high by comparison to the rest of the collection.

Anyhow, I think I like it more this morning than I did yesterday morning.

Top Bottom