What style of music do you play?

bueller

Reaction score
I'm just curious. My main reason for buying my ukulele (now ukuleles) is to play Hawaiian music. I just love the sound of the ukulele.
Just curious what everyone else likes to play....

Beatles,old rock music,standards,Blues music,
jazz,funnily enough,no Hawaiian stuff at all...

I do know that I will play more "mainstream" music - but Hawaiian is my #1

I like to croon, so crooner type stuff and I love the hawaiian music too.
DAP

Mostly country

I would think the Beatles wouuld be good on the uke as well. Never thought about the beach boys, but that sounds fun.

Both of the ukulele classes I'm taking focus exclusively on Hawaiian music. On my own, I also play Beatles songs and other pop music from the 60s and 70s, some more recent pop music, and some older stuff like "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" and "When You're Smiling."

mds you take classs for Hawaiian music? Cool. Are they classes by you in SF?

I guess mostly 60's 70's with some older (e.g. "Five Foot Two") and some more modern (e.g. "Kids", MGMT)

Pop, Rock, Country&Western, Show Tunes, 1920a-1940s Uke classics, Jazz, Bluegrass, Hawaiin, Cajon, Spiritual, Classical, etc. - pretty much everything except Rap (at least not yet anyway).

Last edited:
Me, classical music. Bach is my guy.

Beatles gets my vote, too, but no singing from me.

Cheers
Chief

I guess mostly 60's 70's with some older (e.g. "Five Foot Two") and some more modern (e.g. "Kids", MGMT)

Same here. Starting to play some Hawaiian as well.

Reggae and Hawaiian were an awesome starting place for me. getting into blues and jazz a little bit. But mostly finger style hawaiian.

Whatever I can play and don't have to sing. I agree, Five Foot-Two is fun to play. I'm staying away from Rap, because I don't like it, but everything else is fair game.
I used to be a music snob (listened only to Classical, Bluegrass, and a tiny bit of Blues) before I got my ukulele. Now, I like just about any genre of music.

I play just about everything, but I really like music from the 1920's, 30's & 40's.
I grew up with the 50's & 60's music, but play most of those tunes on the guitar.

Top Bottom