Having Fun

mendel

Reaction score
Tried Freebird with sone students today...
I messed up plenty, but it was fun!!!
You're supposed to mess up. It's a uke jam:) You obviously know how to keep it loose, light and fun, otherwise noone would want to play with you. I saw your chord changes, very nice;D I wish I had you for a teacher when I was in school.
DAP

Actually, that was pretty darn good for the most part. Most importantly, it was fun for you and fun to watch.

John

sounded good to me! What was the chord progression? looked almost like something I could handle.

Thanks guys! It is always fun, and I've gotten a few new people plating the Uke. It's amazing.

The chord progression is pretty easy. I've found a lot of easy stuff on this website:

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/

I hope you find some good stuff on there. It is user driven so some tabs are not perfect. It is a lot of fun though. Best wishes!!!

Last edited:
That sounds like a really fun piece. Yeah, chords? :)

Did your class come up with some good reasons why we divide areas into regions?

Aloha Mendel,
Just love Lynryd Skynryd....and that song.....and the lyrics too, have'nt heard it in a while ....thanks for sharing.....MM Stan

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/lynyrd-skynyrd/free-bird-uke-tab-11942.html

Click the link if you an. The spacing of the gird changes below is not right for some reason. Copying and pasting didn't do the trick.

------------------
G D Em
If x xxxxx xxxx tomorrow
F Am Alt D
Would xxx still xxxxxxxx xx
G D Em
For x xxxx be xxxxxxxxxx on, xxx,
F Am Alt D
theres xxx xxxx places xxx xxx xx see
G D Em
But, xx I xxxx xxxx xxxx you, xxxx,
F Am Alt D
Things xxxx couldnt xx xxx same
G D Em
cause xx as free xx x bird xxx,
F Am D
And xxxx bird xxx xxx not xxxxxx
F Am D
Lord xxxxx, x xxxx change

------------------------------------------
G,...
------------------------------------------

G D Em
Bye, xxx, xxx xxxx sweet xxxx
F Am Alt D
Though xxxx feeling x xxxx change
G D Em
But xxxxxx xxxx take xx badly,
F Am Alt D
cause xxxx knows xx xx blame
G D Em
But, xx I xxxx xxxx xxxx you xxxx,
F Am Alt D
Things xxxx couldnt xx xxx same
G F Em
Cause xx as free xx x bird xxx,
F Am D
F Am D
F Am D
Lord xxxxx, x xxxx change
F Am Alt D
Lord xxxx xx, x xxxx change

From that site I linked in prior post. Have at it everybody!!! Also, you can have some fingerpickibg fun as well. Just stick to the chord strum at the changes and don't lose the rhythm...

Last edited:
Play A minor as 0012, and D alt as 0322. You can just play them as traditional A and D too. It sounds fine either way. Enjoy!!

Also, if you click the link, it makes suggestions above the chords and lyrics.

Brilliant Mendel- looks like fun. Wish I could get my kids to play anything but "Somewhere over the rainbow" or Justin Bieber covers....sigh

Top Bottom