I got my Lanikai, finally!

misty

Reaction score
I don't know how she did it, but Gaby from Music City Cairns got me my Lanikai LU-21C, despite Cyclone Yasi! It finally arrived, and I am so excited! It came to work, and I don't have my tuner here, so I can only look at it, at the moment. I might have to get a tuner app for my iPad so I can play with it at lunch though. Woohoo! Is there a word for the excitement you feel when you get a new uke in the mail?

Is there a word for the excitement you feel when you get a new uke in the mail?
Well, I thought of one but it's probably not polite in mixed company. :) Somebody braver than I will probably descend to that level, though.

I think the store you mentioned is having its fifteen minutes of fame - there was a picture on the fox news web site of a policeman telling some people in front of a music store that they had to evacuate now. I wonder if that was Gaby and if she was on the way to post your uke? LOL

John

Uke-phoria

Well, I thought of one but it's probably not polite in mixed company. :) Somebody braver than I will probably descend to that level, though.

I think the store you mentioned is having its fifteen minutes of fame - there was a picture on the fox news web site of a policeman telling some people in front of a music store that they had to evacuate now. I wonder if that was Gaby and if she was on the way to post your uke? LOL

John

LOL I don't know, but I am just as impressed as hell that she got it to me! I have left her the most positive feedback that eBay would let me! I will have to see if I can find that news clip you are talking about.

And yes, I am signing up for the Uke 101 right after I post this!

Aloha Misty,
Woo woooo girl!!! Congrats on you new Lanikai and Have fun and enjoy!!! Happy Strummings.. MM Stan

Nothing is sweeter than that first waft of a new instrument when you
crack open that case....... very addictive.

Stan

A bit bummed because the intonation is not great. The nut seems really high. I need to research how to test it tomorrow. Open strings are in tune, but everything is a few cents off up the neck. Sme flat and some sharp.

A bit bummed because the intonation is not great. The nut seems really high. I need to research how to test it tomorrow. Open strings are in tune, but everything is a few cents off up the neck. Sme flat and some sharp.

Oh no! I hope everything get sorted, iI've been lucky that every Uke I've brought unseen has no problems, let us know how it goes and looking forward to seeing and hearing a sound sample of your new Uke!

If you have a music store nearby, you could take it in to get it setup. It's a routine thing in the world of fretted instruments. They don't have to be uke experts to do it. But it helps if they're professional about it.

If you have a music store nearby, you could take it in to get it setup. It's a routine thing in the world of fretted instruments. They don't have to be uke experts to do it. But it helps if they're professional about it.

Yeah I think I will take it in tomorrow. I know a good place. I hope they can do it while I wait. The Mahalo has perfect intonation, of all things!

Woohoo! Is there a word for the excitement you feel when you get a new uke in the mail?

Congratulations on your new Lanikai misty. Really happy for you mate. You're gonna be having a ball this weekend, eh!!!! Oh, and the word was first mouthed by the great Fred Flintstone, something like this...

YABBADABBADOO!!!!!!! :smileybounce:

I don't know how she did it, but Gaby from Music City Cairns got me my Lanikai LU-21C, despite Cyclone Yasi! It finally arrived, and I am so excited! It came to work, and I don't have my tuner here, so I can only look at it, at the moment. I might have to get a tuner app for my iPad so I can play with it at lunch though. Woohoo! Is there a word for the excitement you feel when you get a new uke in the mail?

Im on my ipad right now tehehe.

Go download the UkuTune app. Its free and it works great! I just used it a couple minutes ago actually haha :p

Congratulations Misty, I am required to request pics and/or video sound sample...it's the law:)...the unwritten one I just made up=\
DAP

I have an update! I took my ukulele in to the Music Spot, in Browns Plains, QLD (highly recommended). The tech verified that the G was flat and the A sharp, which made the intonation sound particularly bad. He also noticed that the saddle had a noticeable rocking motion. He was going to replace it, so he pulled it out and noticed one side was rounded. Decided to flip it upside down and tested it. Perfect intonation! I could not believe it.

So if you have a Lanikai with a wobbly saddle, try flipping it over first!

I got a case too (a case for a tenor, but it has a strap to hold the uke in place). They did not charge me for the bench work, so I was happy to pay $75 for the case and the great service!

Congrats, misty!
I have no idea what that uke looks like. Is it a concert size?

I love my Lanikai LU-21, but I had to fiddle with it to get the intonation just right. I did not care as I learned how to set up a uke by doing it. You will be happy with this uke, I am sure.

Top Bottom