Sang for an audience :D

SunshineTay

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Today I gave a presentation for my whole school! I sang and played the ukulele :)
I got a standing ovation! :D
How was it the first time you played for an audience?

Aloha SunshineTay,
Congratulations and it must have made you feel great....good goings, thank you for sharing... MM Stan

wow! congrats! I just got the uke and have never sang in front of people...I don't feel I can sing that good, but hopefully getting good at the uke will give me the confidence to give it a shot!

keep up the good work.

wow! congrats! I just got the uke and have never sang in front of people...I don't feel I can sing that good, but hopefully getting good at the uke will give me the confidence to give it a shot!

keep up the good work.

I KNOW I can't sing good.. but I do it anyways ^.^ dont worry about how you sound, do it because you enjoy it.

How was it the first time you played for an audience?

Nervous as all get out - then wanted to get right back up and do it again as soon as it was over. I'm not a great musician, but there is nothing like the charge you get playing/singing for more than just your bedroom walls.

Congrats on your first time out!

John

keep up the good work.

One word of encouragement I can give - if you sing and play solo for an audience just once then that puts you in a fairly elite segment of the population (maybe 2 or 3 percent) regardless of whether you do it well or poorly!

John

I played for my high school's talent show a month ago. It was such a rush, I loved playing for an audience that wasn't a handful of friends. Of course I'm a theatre kid, so it didn't really bother me to be on stage :p

I've never played for an audience, so my hats off to those of you who have! Congrats! I imagine it's such a rush!

Just imagine how easy a speech or presentation for class will be now that you've sang in front of the entire school. :) Congrats, the standing ovation must have been a huge rush. :)

That is great SunshineTay, thanks for letting us know and keep on goin'. When my Uke group played for the first time the "agreed" songs, the music teacher turned to me and said you do "Kids" (MGMT) which I had to do solo as the others didn't know it. Nothing like getting put on the spot, but I did it anyway!!!

Awesome! What a fantastic experience. I haven't ever played for an audience myself. What did you play?

I've sung with other people, like singalong style, but had never dared solo before last night. I was unprepared for my voice to come out sounding completely foreign and two octaves too high! Nerves, I guess. I drilled through and got some great feedback, and maybe, maybe I will try again. But I give credit to anyone who can do this it's really scary!

Out of all the times you will sing to people, you just completed the hardest one! They all get easier after that. Way to take the plunge! Now enjoy the swim! :)

Out of all the times you will sing to people, you just completed the hardest one! They all get easier after that. Way to take the plunge! Now enjoy the swim! :)

It was super scary and I was nervous, but now I want to do it again because I'll be less nervous, and I won't SOUND as jumpy and scared! The water is waaaaaarm <3

That is great SunshineTay, thanks for letting us know and keep on goin'. When my Uke group played for the first time the "agreed" songs, the music teacher turned to me and said you do "Kids" (MGMT) which I had to do solo as the others didn't know it. Nothing like getting put on the spot, but I did it anyway!!!

AHHHH I love that song! My friend and I use it as a warm up song! That's so awesome :)

Hey, congratulations!

you're not alone. My first time playing uke in front of people was last December, then again, twice in January. I was plenty nervous, but excited to try out the songs I'd brought. The last time, I definitely needed to get through a couple of songs before I could relax.

Despite being nervous - I still wanted to get up and do it again right away, just like Olde Phart says!

Again - congrats for getting up and doing it!

Congratulations! I haven't performed for an audience yet. Good for you!
DAP

Top Bottom