LOL why is getting to uke fest always an adventure?

MGM

Reaction score
Well I am sitting in snowy Dallas Fort Worth tryinvg to get to Denver uke fest...lol my Denver flights have been cancelled on AA and i had to buy a United ticket and hopefully I will have clothes when I get to Denver if AA gets my luggage there. HMMMM I 've had birds fly into the engine on past festivals......tornado and lighting close Ohare leaving me stuck two days....mechanical failures on two flights in a row and false terriost alert close the airport i needed to land at..... maybe I should go by canoe???

Well, the weather in Denver today is supposed to start out cold, but warm up to 47. That probably seems cold to someone from Hawaii, but that's pretty darned good for Denver in February! I hope you get here without any further problems (and geeze, I hope your UKES get here!!!!). I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Hope everything makes it to the right destination!

Aloha Mike,
Sorry to hear of the delays...sheesh...I hope you get early so you can get settled in too...Have fun and enjoy..We'll be expecting some pictures I hope....thanks again, MM Stan

I was supposed to fly from Denver to Houston yesterday and interview for a great job then return home tonight in time for the concert and all day Saturday. The flight to Houston were canceled and changed to Saturday so it is LIKELY I'll miss all day Saturday of the UKE fest but can see tonight's concert.

The choice is great job vs. 1 day of a uke fest. I'm bummed that the ukulele lost out but the family will be happy if I secure the job.

DOn't come canoe unless you put skate blades on it.

HMMMM I 've had birds fly into the engine on past festivals......tornado and lighting close Ohare leaving me stuck two days....mechanical failures on two flights in a row and false terriost alert close the airport i needed to land at..... maybe I should go by canoe???

Talk about luck, but thanks for the heads up! If I get on a flight and MGM is sitting there I am getting off!

;-)

I think that may be where the old saying came from, "time to spare, go by air!", at least where the airlines are involved!

Mike,
It may be a hassle, but I for one sure appreciate getting to see you and the goodies you bring.

how can I find out about ukulele festivals? I need to go to some.

I give up.....maybe i need to retire from festivals lol

Okay i posted about adventures to get to the uke fest but today took the cake
Started 6.00pm thursday in Hawaii got to Dallas airport for connection flight to Denver Cancelled, cancelled next flight, cancelled after thatthird flight and next two are booked full.....Improvise buy new tickets with United to Denever all looks good...flight is 25 mintues late now next morning noon should have been in Hotel at Denver But now waiting to Board united to Denver....Have to decide between gate checking roll on with cameras, computor, credit card machines or a double gigbag containing two custom kanileas ( AMERICAN WOULD HAVE LET ME TAKE BOTH ON) tHE UKES WIN ONBOARD OF COURSE AND CARRYON GOES UNDER THE PLANE.....Two hours later we have gone 1/4 mile from garte waiting for de-icing...After 1/3/4 hour de-icing begins........does not finish two hours go by New Law says although 5 mintutes from finishing de-icing plANE WE HAVE BEEN ON TARMAC TWO HOURS..We must go back to gate and depart plane by law...flight cancelled....agents scramble to book us on next flight getting ready to leave of course the connecting passengers get first choice i am kicked out to back of line since i am to denver only........after 25 mintues....united decides not to cancel original flight and all left get back on plane....Another hour on tarmac.......YES we finally take off 1-1/2 later after 2nd de-icing....Well i jumped the gun on that Get to Denver My gate checked carryon with phones computor etc is lost missing..........a repeat my story 4 times and finally its located still in Dallas...by the way i was the only one whos carry on didnt make it with the flight ....finally after 45mintues at lost baggage its located ansd wuill be delivered sometimg toninght between midnight and three....iN THE MEANTIME CELL PHONE DEAD NO CHARGER ALL IN CARRYON NO COMPUTOR......i am typing this in business center of hotel...and my claim check for my original bags is in carryon Off to AA to try and claim my baggage with no claim checks...(oh and my one jacekt is in the carryon freezing like a popsicle....after 1/2 hour AA finds my luggage and off to enterprise rent car.....finally at hotel ate dinner at Pub across street and wishing for a phone.....by the way my blackberry also cracked its face when i sat down in the unitied seat It was in my pants pocket and the edge of the armrest broke the cover......agghhhhhhhh getting to old for this......

Sorry to hear about all the problems Mike. I'm sure all those uke players appreciate the troubles that you have gone though.

Jack

Wow, my last trip to Denver about two years ago wasn't that bad, but close. Air travel just flat sucks these days.

I wished I'd read this thread this morning, Mike, I could have whipped over to the airport and taken you to lunch or something - well, whipped is probably not the right description with the roads in the condition they're in, but I could've got there.

Hope the festival and the return trip goes much better for you!.

John

I will be missing my Denver uke fest. My VIP pass will go unused. At least my story is not as frustrating as yours. :)

Top Bottom