Looking for a High Gloss finished Uke.

GKK

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice "High Gloss" natural wood or Painted Soprano Ukulele just because they look really nice.

The only High Gloss Uke's I've seen are the Mainland's. What other companies make a High Gloss finish. Thanks.

Try Kanilea, famous for their gloss finish. MGM has 'em.

Yes, Kanilea has a fabulous UV gloss. The glossy Ohanas and Kalas are really pretty too (and they are good ukes). I love the glossy look on the woodgrain! These companies have satin or matte ukes too, so look carefully at the descriptions. Makala colored Dolphins are shiny too.
–Lori

Kanile'a ukes are high gloss!!

My Ohana is pretty shiny when I take the time to polish it up. I almost never do, perhaps because when I bought it, I really wanted the matte finish, but it was used and it was what it was. My Lanikai tenor is also very shiny (again when I polish it up).

Last edited:
My pono has a high gloss finish

How much do you want to spend, and what size do you want? Pretty much all the low-mid priced common brands like Kala, Lanikai, Mainland, Sailor, offer decently made Chinese made gloss models. If you find a brand on eBay that no one has heard feel free to ask. It might help if you could tell us if there some in particular you are looking at.

Last edited:
I really want a Standard Kamaka but, they don't offer them in a High Gloss finish so, I wanted to know of other comparable Uke's out there that offer a high gloss finish for around $650. Thanks

If you wanted a Kamaka, then I would say go for a Kanile'a high gloss. I have a Super Concert K-1 in gloss finish, and it is a joy to look at, touch, and play... just really beautiful in every way. If you are able to hear it first, even over the phone, it might be a good idea. Each one has it's own voice.

–Lori

Aloha GKK,
The standard Kamaka is kinda shiny when you buy it and if you polish it you can bring out a nice gloss finish because it a laquer finish....Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Pono does hi-gloss very nicely, they are great ukes and in my opinion, for the money, they cannot be beat. MGM carries them and his service is absolutely outstanding.

If you wanted a Kamaka, then I would say go for a Kanile'a high gloss. I have a Super Concert K-1 in gloss finish, and it is a joy to look at, touch, and play... just really beautiful in every way. If you are able to hear it first, even over the phone, it might be a good idea. Each one has it's own voice.

–Lori

I agree.....if you can't get the Kamaka....get the Kanile'a.

Top Bottom