Cable recommendation to cut buzz

jjsdad

Reaction score
My son has a VOX DA5 amp and an Ibanez electric guitar. I get a lot of buzzing noise as soon as I plug my cable into the amp and before plugging it into the guitar, so I figure that the cable must be bad.

Any recommendations on good brands of cables and where to buy them in San Francisco or nearby (or on the internet)?

Russ, I tried the cables and the amp still has some buzz, but it's only when the guitar is connected now and only when the volume on the guitar is turned up. So, it's a little better. The amp can run on batteries so I'm going to try that next and see if there's some power problems as well. I'll get those cables back to you tomorrow or Wed.

Thanks!

Personally, i'd recommend any gold cable. I've used Pro Co, Monster and Mogami (my favorite) for recording and they do well. Hope that helps :)

Personally, i'd recommend any gold cable. I've used Pro Co, Monster and Mogami (my favorite) for recording and they do well. Hope that helps :)
Thanks! I've never heard of Mogami, but I'll see if the local music store has them.

I agree with Danyo. Gold cables work wonders.

Russ, I tried the cables and the amp still has some buzz, but it's only when the guitar is connected now and only when the volume on the guitar is turned up. So, it's a little better. The amp can run on batteries so I'm going to try that next and see if there's some power problems as well. I'll get those cables back to you tomorrow or Wed.

Thanks!

no hurry on that. it can wait until the dasilva event if you're busy. maybe your son's guitar has noisy pickups? you can borrow one of my guitars if you want to test it out.

no hurry on that. it can wait until the dasilva event if you're busy. maybe your son's guitar has noisy pickups? you can borrow one of my guitars if you want to test it out.

So, after I borrow the guitar, can I borrow your house in case it's an electrical issue in my house? ;)

No problem! I swear Mogami is industry standard when it comes to recording and for a good reason. Many picky engineers use Mogami Gold :)

Incase your music store doesn't bring Mogami products in, here's where i buy my cables from: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-MOG-GGTR25-LIST

$50 bucks for a cable?? Is that the going rate? That's more than I paid for my first uke... :) (Of course, it sounded like is was less than $50...)

Top Bottom