Delivery Blues

hottoddy

Reaction score
Well, I ordered my first two ukuleles from Hawaii (one for me, one for my daughter's d-day), and the seller promptly shipped them second day air the past Wednesday. I have been bursting with excitement to spend the weekend playing my first ukulele.

Now come the frustrating part and I only blame myself. I left the shipping address as my home rather than my office. Now, I figured it would be fine since my in-law were going to be watching my girls today (it's not a school day), and were going to stick to the house. But, as luck would have it they must have left the house exactly when the UPS driver came by. Now I'm stuck until at least Monday - which means I won't really get much time to play with them for over a week!

Argghh! I felt gutted while checking the delivery status an hour ago. I'm going to try and arrange a Saturday pickup but I don't think those work too well with UPS. The ukes will likely sit in a cold UPS truck the entire weekend.

I know many of you had probably had the same thing happen at some point. I feel maybe a bit better after writing this.

-Todd

In San Francisco, we can phone UPS and arrange to pick up an undelivered package at the UPS shipping facility on the same evening after the truck brings it back from a delivery attempt. Try calling UPS. If there's a shipping facility nearby (the UPS one here is near the airport), UPS may let you get your ukuleles this evening.

In San Francisco, we can phone UPS and arrange to pick up an undelivered package at the UPS shipping facility on the same evening after the truck brings it back from a delivery attempt. Try calling UPS. If there's a shipping facility nearby (the UPS one here is near the airport), UPS may let you get your ukuleles this evening.

That's similar to how it works in the UK too, hope this means you can get your ukes today!

Thanks. I looked at the UPS website tracking but couldn't find a way to do it unless I was the sender. I am stuck at work. I believe the door slip often contains different information specific to your area.

Thanks. I looked at the UPS website tracking but couldn't find a way to do it unless I was the sender. I am stuck at work. I believe the door slip often contains different information specific to your area.

You can't change the destination by going to the website. In San Francisco, you have to speak with a UPS representative by phone, but all you need is the tracking number, which you should already have if you've been able to track the package online. Once the representative tells you that a delivery was attempted, ask if there's anywhere you can pick up the package in person today or on Saturday. When you go to the pickup location, the UPS agent will require identification to determine that you are, in fact, the recipient of the package(s).

Thanks for the advice. A few calls, and an hour later, I can pick it up tomorrow (Sat.) at 10am. The extra good news is it'll be at my local UPS facility about 2 miles from my house! I was dreading a long trek out to PDX airport during Friday night rush hour! :)

Thanks for the advice. A few calls, and an hour later, I can pick it up tomorrow (Sat.) at 10am. The extra good news is it'll be at my local UPS facility about 2 miles from my house! I was dreading a long trek out to PDX airport during Friday night rush hour! :)

I'm a PDX'er myself. This is good info to have!

Whooo HOOO! Gonna be a good weekend after all w/lots of time to play! Congratulations

Congrats!!! =)

I've been chomping at the bit to get my first uke this week, too!! I was hoping (and praying) I'd have it today to play around with over the weekend, but the large snowstorms and blizzard conditions wreaked havoc on most deliveries. Now it's not gonna be delivered 'til Monday. *waaah!* =(

Top Bottom