Buzzzzzzz on my G String!

musiccityuker

Reaction score
No... not that G string! The one on my uke! :) Concert uke "Low G" and it has developed quite a noticeable buzzz on the second fret of the "wound" G string. No place else on the fretboard... just the G second fret. In fact, the fret bar beneath is wearing and the the copper on the string is showing thru on the underside. Short of taking to a full-fledged luthier... anyone have any ideas how to work around such a challenge? Thanks.

Tim

Since it just developed and the string is wearing, seems like a string replacement might make that go away.
You can buy single low-g strings.

Yaaa... I'm hoping so. I've had the uke for a couple of months and perhaps the buzzz has always been there... just became more pronounced as the string wore more. Just ordered some Worth strings... LOW G but ALL nylon... see if bypassing a wound string will do the trick. Thanks much for your input.

It just sounds like the string is thinner where it is worn so it is making the string closer to the frets lower on down the fretboard when you fret it where it is buzzing. Replace the strings.

Top Bottom