ukejon's version of Hallelujah

70sSanO

Reaction score
I really like Jake's version of Hallelujah so I thought I would at least tinker with it... well butcher it is a better way of putting it, especially that 2-9 fret stretch that cramps my hand when I try to reach for it.

I stumbled upon ukejon's version in the UU Videos, it is fabulous, and Jon has figured out a way to eliminate the streches without losing the feel for the song.

It may still take a life time to figure it out, especially the high chord progressions, but it is now at least possible to play.

If anyone has already worked this out, it would help.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXYIHoERQDs

John

For anyone who cares...

Here is a version with a few more open notes. I wish I could video this.

It is the progression for the verse: It goes like this the fourth, the fifth… …./composing Hallelujah

0-2-3-5
0-0-8-7
0-9-10-9
0-11-0-10
0-12-12-10
0-0-12-12
0-0-12-10
0-9-10-12
0-11-11-14
0-11-11-15
0-11-11-14
0-11-11-12
0-11-0-12
0-11-0-10

John

Thanks for this, I just watched Jake's version, I prefer ukejon's. It's lovely and straightforward. :shaka:

Holy smokes. I totally didn't see this a year ago, for which I sincerely apologize. Hope that you worked out some good versions. Jake's stretches didn't work very well for me so I needed to find some other ways to play the tune. Glad you liked and thanks much for the kind words.

So Ukejon, I love your version. I was thinking earlier today I need to work out a simpler version of this, because I have small hands and that stretch is killing me. Do you have your version tabbed out and would you be willing to share?

That's really beautiful. If you could share the tab, that would be really grateful!!

Top Bottom