Just ordered "Make your own ukulele chord solos" by Michael Madden

cb56

Reaction score
I love the style of playing and the music in his youtube videos. Now I can't wait for the book to get here so I can get started. Anyone use this book? Have success with it?
http://reyalpeleluku.wordpress.com/

Aloha CB56,
Mahalo for sharing, looks like its filled with old timey stuff that I like...from New Zealand...very creative how they spelled their site name backwards hope the book is too....and the site is nice too!! Happy strummings! Let us know how the book turns out..MM Stan..

Got the book today. just a couple of days longer than a week. I was expecting to wait 3 weeks before it got here.
The goal of this book is to teach someone how to make their own chord melody ukulele arrangements of any song they want.
At 1st glance it looks pretty good. 47 pages. He describes it as being for strummers that want to learn to play the melody while strumming. He also says no previous musical training needed. The first 15 pages give a basic but thorough look at music reading and tab. These are basic skills needed to continue in this book. I already have music reading skills and music theory knowledge, but for someone just starting out reading music this section is a good primer.
Next in the book are examples on how to start building your own arrangements from single note melodies and how to write your arrangements using tab. This is where I left off today and plan on working on this material asap. I think after I finish with this book I'll right a full review but as of right now, I believe I've made a good purchase.

That sounds like a pretty good book!! Keep us informed on how it goes...please!!!

I just discovered Michael Madden's YouTube channels: LStrachey and reyalpEleluku - I like his arrangements and I'm curious about the book. cb56 - did you ever write that review? Anybody else have experience with this book? It's an old thread, I know... never hurts to ask!

Top Bottom