2 walnut body electrics w/case FS

Harold O.

Reaction score
My local luthier, Chip Bennett, built these two electric ukuleles using a piece of walnut I gave him. They are spectacular. When I saw them I decided they must have their own special cases, so I built two from solid walnut to house them. The complete package is right at the comfortable-to-carry weight limit.

The ukuleles are soprano sized, steel stringed, tuned GCEA with geared tuners, walnut body, maple neck, hand-wound pickups, tone and volume controls. These sound like electric ukuleles (that's what they are!) but can be distorted with any amplifier to sound like whatever you want them to.

The cases are 3/8-inch walnut, finger jointed, no metal hinge or clasp used. Cases close by sliding the top into position and is held in place by small rare earth magnets. Velvet lined foam interior with cutout for the instrument and a small walnut box for picks, etc.

I have two of these available. Each is $400 plus actual shipping, including ukulele and case. You will not find a better bargain. And once I get my woodshop fully operational these will be untouchable at this price.

The case shown here is my prototype (I acquired three of these ukes and am selling off two). The two I am selling have thin strips of maple running lengthwise across the box to break up the brown walnut. I will email photos of the actual pieces to those interested.

...of course I will likely post them here as well...when I get some taken...so much to do...

DSCN4041a.jpgDSCN4039a.jpgDSCN4038a.jpgDSCN4040a.jpgDSCN4045a.jpg

That is VERY sexy, Harold.Can you send me some photos of the ones for sale? gkallen at gmail dot com

That is VERY sexy, Harold.Can you send me some photos of the ones for sale? gkallen at gmail dot com

I tried that email and it was returned.

Here's some images of the two electrics. The ukes are very similar in appearance as they came from the same piece of walnut. The cases are different only in that the stripes of maple are closer together on one of them. All photo disclaimers apply (dust, glare, poor aim, etc.)

electric-uke-05c.jpgelectric-uke-05b.jpgelectric-uke-05c2.jpgelectric-uke-03.jpgelectric-uke-02.jpg

More images.

Attachments

• electric-uke-06b.jpg
    electric-uke-06b.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 34
  • electric-uke-05f.jpg
    electric-uke-05f.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • electric-uke-cases.jpg
    electric-uke-cases.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • electric-uke-06f.jpg
    electric-uke-06f.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 32
  • electric-ukes-01.jpg
    electric-ukes-01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 46
i think i may just have to have one of these...still available?

One instrument has been sold. Many thanks.

The remaining ukulele comes with the case having the maple stripes further apart. This is an amazingly inexpensive offer being made here. Check around, you will find what a good electric ukulele costs. Now you can have one with a matching walnut case. And if you don't want to carry your ukulele in the case, you can always take the foam out and use the case for something else. But it sure does a great job of showing off that electric uke.

One remaining.

I'm loving those cases! Would you consider making just a case?

Absolutely.

The outside dimensions of the existing cases is 23x11x5, plenty big for an electric ukulele because of the flat body. The interior foam has been sculpted to fit the uke body and covered with felt, but I could just as easily make the case and ship it empty for you to use as you need. PM sent.

Top Bottom