SOOOO many strings...

jmed1129

Reaction score
Alright so I recently bought an Ohana soprano, and the strings are starting to die out. There not as loud, and are wearing near the 12th fret. The strings are currently GHS. And I was wondering what brand of strings would give the Uke a warm feel, but still are loud enough to hear. Any help would be aprreciated, thanks!:)

Alright so I recently bought an Ohana soprano, and the strings are starting to die out. There not as loud, and are wearing near the 12th fret. The strings are currently GHS. And I was wondering what brand of strings would give the Uke a warm feel, but still are loud enough to hear. Any help would be aprreciated, thanks!:)

The difference was amazing when I swapped out the stock GHS strings on my Ohana soprano and put on Aquilas - it really was like upgrading to a better quality uke!

Very, very, very oversimplified approach - if it's got a laminated top, try Aquila NylGut strings, if it's solid, try Worth, Martin, etc. fluorocarbon strings. In either case, if you don't like the one you tried first, try the other.

John

I had aquilas at first and liked them. Just switched to Worth Browns and like them as well--a bit more mellow. I'm liking the Martin Fluros (M600) so much that I may switch to those after the browns wear out...

Top Bottom