Ukulele Appreciation Day

eggmuffins

Reaction score
I think there should be an official Ukulele Appreciation Day!

Any thoughts?

Welcome to UU. To answer your question, there's already two of them. One guy decided to put an Ukulele Day on the 5th on short notice, because Groundhog Day wasn't enough, and February is the perfect time to take a wooden instrument outside. And then there's Play your uke day, which is something like August 23rd. This was a recent topic in this forum, I'm surprised you didn't find it. ;)

But I think for most of us, every day is uke appreciation day. :)

I'm with Plainsong--around my house (and office), every day is Ukulele Appreciation Day.

My daughter's friend recently bought her second uke in a music shop in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

The store owner ran a virtual master class for the two of them, assisting my daughter's friend to her final choice.

That was very cool of him, & the playing by him & his assistant was awesome.

Just made me appreciate Ukes, & I think they need a special day!

Cheers,

Last edited:
My daughter's friend recently bought her second uke in a music shop in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

The store owner ran a virtual master class for the two of them, assisting my daughter's friend to her final choice.

That was very cool of him, & the playing by him & his assistant was awesome.

Just made me appreciate Ukes, & I think they need a special day!

Cheers,

Forgot to mention that the Uke she finally walked away with was a very nice 'Mahalo'.

...& that store also had a lot of guitars that caused me some serious GAS ('cause that's really my thing!)

Anyway, all the best to all of our Uke playing Brothers & Sisters out there.

Shrink9 nailed it... 'May your every day be Ukulele Appreciation Day'

Cheers,

Stuart (aka eggmuffins)
Sydney, Australia

Last edited:
Just dropping by to say "hi" and mention that the uke I bought was actually an Ohana tenor.
It's very pretty and I definitely Appreciate it.

Hi fellow uke players

I'm here in support of eggmuffins ukulele appreciation day because I love playing my uke and because eggmuffins bullied me into coming here and saying that. But seriously...
I only have an inexpensive soprano uke but it gets more attention than my somewhat bloated guitar collection. I hadn't realised there was a nice community/site like this and I'll be dropping by regularly to pick up some hints and tips from all you experienced players in the "Tips and Tricks" section. (I shall probably now be shamed into buying a better instrument than my green, much loved Maholo as well). Egg, I'm sorry that I missed your post on the Epi site that gave the direct link to here.

Hi fellow uke players

I'm here in support of eggmuffins ukulele appreciation day because I love playing my uke and because eggmuffins bullied me into coming here and saying that. But seriously...
I only have an inexpensive soprano uke but it gets more attention than my somewhat bloated guitar collection. I hadn't realised there was a nice community/site like this and I'll be dropping by regularly to pick up some hints and tips from all you experienced players in the "Tips and Tricks" section. (I shall probably now be shamed into buying a better instrument than my green, much loved Maholo as well). Egg, I'm sorry that I missed your post on the Epi site that gave the direct link to here.

Welcome to UU! Be sure to post a "hello" in the "New Member Introductions" forum.

Top Bottom