Without my ukes for a few days

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am going nuts here. I dropped off both of my ukes at the luthier on Thursday night. My Pono Tenor had a sharp fret end near the soundhole and my Koaloha is getting a MiSi installed in it...I gotta tell you friends, this has be hell. I should have them back tomorrow after the Super Bowl. I will NEVER go ukeless again for this long. Oh the agony!:mad:

I feel for ya. I once enquired about a fix on my uke with my local luthier and he told me it would be 5-10 days to fix. I literally answered very loudly on the phone: "Whaaaat?" :p Never took it in and fixed it myself.

It is amazing how attached (or addicted) we get to them. :)

Aloha Uncle Leroy,
Feel for ya.....that's why we have so many ukes.....Thank God we have UAS.....Happy Strummings....MM Stan

One should always have a Makala dolphin hanging on the wall behind glass, with a little hammer next to it and a sign that says BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCY...

One should always have a Makala dolphin hanging on the wall behind glass, with a little hammer next to it and a sign that says BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCY...

I :rofl:'d This is why I have mulitples, they can't all need fixing at once...the answer is to buy a "spare"

I tried lasting 2 weeks in France without one. Cracked after a week so I now have a spare tenor at my parents holiday home, really miss it but I do get to see it again in June :)

Top Bottom