First performance & gags

joelele

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I took my Ukulele to a professional show this morning.
I have only had my ukulele for less than a week. I've only learnt two songs. The galaxy song and the FUN song...

Anyway, people loved the fun song and I finished my show with the Galaxy song and it went down so well. It was only a small family show so I had very little to loose. It's a comedy show and when I brought the Ukulele out people instantly started laughing which is fantastic.

I learnt that it will work as a future routine and with development it'll make a great finale.

I'm considering buying a large, hard guitar case, that way people will expect a guitar but when a ukulele is brought out it may receive laughs a' plenty.

Have you guys seen any funny ukulele gags!?

Joel.

What you really need is about 4 or 5 cases that fit into each other like matryoshka dolls. Open the guitar case, take out a smaller case,ect ect until you reach your uke.

It was a nice guitar but it shrunk in the wash

Sadly, I can't do this as transporting it here would be a bear, but if you have the means and a big enough car or van...

A few months ago, a friend of mine and I had an idea to install an amp/PA system, complete with microphones, etc., into a double bass case and store the ukulele (or two) in it. A sopranino, of course!

I've used the joke that its a guitar but I'm so tall it looks teeny in my hands

That would probably work for me but I'm afraid I'd have to substitute wide for tall...

Hey howlin hobbit, You could say the gag about it's a guitar but your so tall it looks like a small guitar...
It will get a laugh, but then look at your guitar and follow with: Well I'm so small it probably just looks like a guitar!

I'm writing a comedy song at the moment. It'll be a collaborative song if anybody wants to help. It's in the song writing section.

Joel.

Congratulations on your show!!!
DAP

Top Bottom