PDA

View Full Version : Need to know jake shimabukuro's ukulele scaling dimensions

August Borneo
02-06-2011, 10:46 PM
What is exactly the jake's ukulele scaling dimensions ?
I found it realy look nice and fit to his body not too small or big.
especially on the ukulele body, apparently not a standard size, some says its super Tenor is it true ?
I need complete information about the overall size of the jake's uke. if anyone know, it would be really appreciated :)

Thanks.
Have a good day & strummings.

Timbuck
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I always thought it was standard 17" scale...this video gave me a good clue on why his uke sounded so good .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzLF5owZz1s&feature=related

fadil8888
02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
allohaaaa mas agust borneo..........ni saya jg lg mau bikin js signature mas,biar bisa persis ukuranya kmrn saya buat di corel skala 1:1 trus sya print di kertas A1,,,scale lenght nya kan tetap 17"......jadi ukuran yg lain otomatis mengikuti kan :)
ga sabar nih jadi nya kaya apa hahaahahaha

slamat mencoba ,mas :)

Timbuck
02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
allohaaaa mas agust borneo..........ni saya jg lg mau bikin js signature mas,biar bisa persis ukuranya kmrn saya buat di corel skala 1:1 trus sya print di kertas A1,,,scale lenght nya kan tetap 17"......jadi ukuran yg lain otomatis mengikuti kan

slamat mencoba ,mas

hahaahahaha

I couldn't have said it better :confused::confused:... :agree:...:)

BobN
02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
hahaahahaha

I couldn't have said it better :confused::confused:... :agree:...:)

Aloha Aug borneo.......... If you want to make js jg lg mas signature, to be the exact size, I've made in corel kmrn 1:1 scale sya then print on paper A1,,, its scale length it remains 17 "...... so the size of the other automatic follow it patiently ga ya so rich in what it tries Salvation hahaahahaha, mas
It doesn't translate very well.

Kamaka should sell a Shimabukuro model uke.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
02-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Kamaka does sell a Shimabukuro uke.
It's a very nice uke but there isn't anything extraordinary about it's size or the materials used. What is extraordinary is the guy who's playing playing it. Look folks, you can play the exact uke Jake plays, use the same strings, the same pick up, practice his strumming techniques, even comb your hair the same way, you ain't gonna be Jake. If you want a ukulele to sound like the one Jake plays, start by taking any old uke you have and practice 10 hours a day...........

Skitzic
02-11-2011, 06:20 AM
It's a very nice uke but there isn't anything extraordinary about it's size or the materials used. What is extraordinary is the guy who's playing playing it. Look folks, you can play the exact uke Jake plays, use the same strings, the same pick up, practice his strumming techniques, even comb your hair the same way, you ain't gonna be Jake. If you want a ukulele to sound like the one Jake plays, start by taking any old uke you have and practice 10 hours a day...........

What he said.

Gmoney
02-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Kamaka does sell a Shimabukuro uke. - SNIP - If you want a ukulele to sound like the one Jake plays, start by taking any old uke you have and practice 10 hours a day...........

And... if you are reading this, you probably better get started NOW - Jake started at age 4! :)

fadil8888
02-11-2011, 08:25 AM
oooooh my goooooood......im sorry about the langguage im sorry3x ......v(^^)v
so feel like home in here hehehe

gbu all

philpot
02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
And... if you are reading this, you probably better get started NOW - Jake started at age 4! :)

shoot... gotta make up for lost time! ;) thats why I play while I study, get 2 things done at once and get a bunch of practice time in ;P

August Borneo
02-12-2011, 04:45 AM
I always thought it was standard 17" scale...this video gave me a good clue on why his uke sounded so good .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzLF5owZz1s&feature=related

Thanks Tim, yes it's gave me some clue :)

August Borneo
02-12-2011, 04:48 AM
It doesn't translate very well.

Kamaka should sell a Shimabukuro model uke.
Not bad Bob, you got the point :D

August Borneo
02-12-2011, 05:20 AM

Thanks Chuck,
actually i'm not try to be somebody else, i'm just curious about this guy's stuff, never heard such a good sound.
as you know we live in the country where we cant find good uke, there is no singel brand uke in the market.
or made it by custom to the local luthier with bad quality :(
I seem to have to make a good one with you chuck...

August Borneo
02-12-2011, 05:24 AM
allohaaaa mas agust borneo..........ni saya jg lg mau bikin js signature mas,biar bisa persis ukuranya kmrn saya buat di corel skala 1:1 trus sya print di kertas A1,,,scale lenght nya kan tetap 17"......jadi ukuran yg lain otomatis mengikuti kan :)

slamat mencoba ,mas :)

Rencana custom dimana bro ???

August Borneo
02-12-2011, 05:38 AM

Started early always better :)

u-bat
02-16-2011, 12:37 AM
coba posting di sini ah :D

Steiner
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Are you asking because you want to buy something similar or make a replica?