Looking for a baritone uke? My Rogue Baritone Review

RyRod

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIik649v6A

There's a couple reviews already, but I think this is the best quality video of it out there.

I've been wanting to try out the baritone sized ukulele for a while now.(really since I saw Guting videos). So I looked it up and it was out of stock everywhere until late January.

I picked it up from Musiciansfriend.com for $30 with free shipping.
Like the video says, the uke is a tank. It is pretty loud but there were a few things wrong with it.

If you're in the market for an entry level baritone uke, or if you're like me and have been playing awhile but wanted to try one out, go ahead and pick one up to see if you like the size, feel, and tone.

Aloha Ryrod,
I have two of them myself...and enjoy them for their rich warm tones..thanks for the nice review and sharing....for the price it's definetly worth it.. between the
tow I have, they both sound different different and my older made one sounds better and better made too...with these newer ones made now consistancy may
be an issue..or if you get lucky you get a good one...But I love both of mine...I drop tune mine for richer warmer tones for picking and it sounds great..beginners
may have trouble adjusting,and playing them ....Happy Strummings, MM Stan
This uke taught me my picking and tuning by ear...for 30.00

Thanks Stan! The tone is definitely nice. It's the first thing my dad noticed(even from downstairs).

I'm really enjoying mine as well. Nice video and excellent playing. I changed my strings out almost immediately to Martins. My review is nowhere as detailed as yours, but here it is. :)

Thanks! I just watched your video in that other thread in "uke talk". Good stuff. The more reviews the better. It'll help people out.

clear coat?

I have a new Rogue, nice tone and very happy with the quality to price.
But I'd like to put a clear coat of varnish on the body to keep it looking nice.
If I do that will I ruin the nice sound?

Ginny

Top Bottom