PDA

View Full Version : BUMS Brisbane Ukulele Music Society - who here goes?

misty
02-08-2011, 02:55 AM
I am planning to go tomorrow and wondering who else on UU is going!

P-co
02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Cool name.

mm stan
02-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Aloha Misty,
Have fun and enjoy and let us know how it turns out....pictures posted would be nice....Happy Strummings...Have a nice time and enjoy!! MM Stan

molokinirum
02-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Aloha Misty....yes if you go let us know all about it, and post any pictures you can or even a video clip!!!
Maybe you can represent the UU!!!

Have fun!

14twelve
02-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Misty - I hope you get this message in time! I saw your post about going to BUMS tonight. It's not actually on tonight. It was on last Wednesday night (it's always on the first Wednesday of the month).

I usually go each month, so drop me a message if you like next time you decide to go (although I won't be going next month as I'll be at the Melbourne Uke festival).

Seanmc
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi Misty,

I have been going for the last few months, it is lots of fun and a nice group of people.
Next meeting is 2nd March I believe, see you there.

misty
02-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Misty - I hope you get this message in time! I saw your post about going to BUMS tonight. It's not actually on tonight. It was on last Wednesday night (it's always on the first Wednesday of the month).

I usually go each month, so drop me a message if you like next time you decide to go (although I won't be going next month as I'll be at the Melbourne Uke festival).

Aww! :( I got the message in time, thanks. I thought it said the first Wednesday but then my husband looked and said it is EVERY Wednesday.

14twelve
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Aww! :( I got the message in time, thanks. I thought it said the first Wednesday but then my husband looked and said it is EVERY Wednesday.

Yes, it's a shame that it's only once a month. It's getting bigger and bigger all the time though, so maybe they'll end up making it twice a month. Anyway, at least February is a short month, so 2 March isn't far away :)

Disco Stu
02-20-2011, 09:01 PM
The March one will be my first...been madly practicing lol

Hippie Dribble
02-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Is that where you get to see lots of BUMS?....whew...I'm breaking out in a cold sweat again...I was just dreaming about that last night...eugenie, pass me my medication dear... :o

Disco Stu
04-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Just a note to say the BUMS had a turn up of 160 people to this months meeting...sounded simply awesome! Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcmKGWbXWoo

Pippin
04-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Holy Cow! 160 people!

That is a big group.

misty
04-10-2011, 04:04 AM
I was there and it was totally off the hook! I don't think the Bowls Club has had so many people upstairs, ever! The downsides were that it was hard to find a seat or see the projector. I actually got there late and left early. I had stepped in a yucky puddle on my walk from the train and just wanted to wash my shoe! I hope next month it is more relaxed.