Good Day With My Uke....

mendel

Reaction score
Been super busy recently, as all new parents are. I have also been spending a lot of time working on my dissertation. Today I took the day off from the Dissertation and I used some free time to play, as well as listen to some music. It has me feeling refreshed and renewed.

I played my favorites, Dock of the Bay, and some Eric Clapton, albeit, I didn't play Clapton well. It is getting better though. Also, fiddled around with some Tom Petty Wildflowers and Free Falling. Overall, a really relaxing 45 minute interlude to my incredibly busy and hectic life.

I have one meeting left, and a stop off at the post office, then it is home to my gorgeous bride and my baby boy! Today is shaping up. I hope that all the UU brothers and sisters are finding the time to strum a bit and enjoy the world, as I am.

Good Mendel....glad you are doing some self care!

BTW, that is a good looking son you got there!

sounds like a great day to me too!

Definitely the best day I've had in a while. I spent the afternoon with my family. I gave my son a bath, and my wife and I put him to bed. They are my reason for living, and the reason I work so hard at everything I do. The Uke is an enjoyable way to keep myself grounded so I am better whenI ge home to them. Essentially, it takes the stress away... I'm thankful for this community to share it with.

Nice share, good reminder. I got in 10 minutes on the back porch with my orange burst dolphin uke and my poodle boy in the California sun before a hellish afternoon at work. Felt very blessed before work, very stressed after. Need more uke.

Oh, and a new better job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom