Latest build

bluesuke

Reaction score
I finally finish my latest build. Claro walnut back and sides Sitka spruce top gold mother of perl markers ,rosette and head stock inlay. This was my first attempt at binding and inlay work it was really fun to doDSCF2520.jpgDSCF2521.jpgDSCF2522.jpgDSCF2519.jpgDSCF2518.jpg

Thanks for looking
Perry

That's pretty! I love the way the grain in the heel cap lines up with the grain in the back. If you don't mind a couple of questions...what did you use to glue the tortoise shell binding, and about how many coat of the stew-mac? I found the stew mac lacquer kind of thin, but very user friendly and used a lot of coats. It looks beautiful in every way.

That's pretty! I love the way the grain in the heel cap lines up with the grain in the back. If you don't mind a couple of questions...what did you use to glue the tortoise shell binding, and about how many coat of the stew-mac? I found the stew mac lacquer kind of thin, but very user friendly and used a lot of coats. It looks beautiful in every way.
Thanks Steve
I used Weldon #16 for the binding it worked very well. And for the the finish i used zpoxy for pore fill and 2 coats of stewmacs sanding sealer followed by the lacquer. I used almost 4 cans after 2 cans I did a good level sanding followed by the last 2 cans then let it set for 14 days then buffed it out

Great looking uke. I am starting with Grizzly kit (I know the problems and know how to fix them) I hope to be able to do one this nice one day in the not too distant future. Hey Bluesuke, help me get the Ukulele Blues Room going!

Last edited:
Top Bottom