I love my wife!

fhorndog

Reaction score
My name is Mitch and I am a Ukeaholic!

My wife gave me the green light to throw a bid on a Kamaka 8 string tenor. I won the auction! As I am a major strummer, you can probably imagine how excited I am!

I know this isn't the right thread, but just wanted to give a heads up that in the next few weeks I am going to be thinning the herd. I will be dropping a cigar box with a kumalae neck, a kala mango tenor with fishman pickup, a matching kala soprano, an Emile Bader Concert mango, a lanikai OE8, and possibly a flea tiki. I have to decide which should stay and which should go! Any input in the decision making process will be appreciated!

Congrats on a cool wife and a Kamaka 8 string.

Awesome...a very cool wife and a Kamaka 8 string!!!!!

Congrats, can't wait to see some pictures!!!

Yay for uke-friendly spouses! I just green lighted my husband getting a Stanwell pipe of the year 2010 (he wanted the Sandblast one, because he's been watching that new Sherlock series and feels strongly that Sherlock should be smoking something new and modern like that, NOT wearing patches or smoking cigarettes! He does have a Peterson Sherlock Holmes "The Squire" already.).

In return, he green lighted me getting a Roland Mobile Cube. Yay for give and take. :)

I really grok his pipe collecting bug because while I'm in no way tempted to start smoking, anyone who enjoys a nicely built uke can appreciate the wood and the craftsmanship and all that good stuff. I wish I could get him to remember the "K-Brands" like I remember his favorite pipe brands. Ah well...

I always feel bad when I read about discouraging spouses. Music is so important, I can't imagine living with someone who discourages it. It's a good thing then that I don't. I wish we'd play more together, but nothing's perfect.

Please post some vids or sound samples when you get it. We don't hear from the 6 and 8 strings Kamakas enough.

congrats on the win but more importantly on the wife! She is definitely a winner! :) As for thinning the herd portion of your post I may be interested in the Kala tenor! (FEEL FREE TO PM A PIC AND PRICE:) )

Wow! Congrats on the Kamaka 8-string... I have one too... here's pic (below). I bought mine at Bounty Music in 2005; it was a birthday gift to myself and my wife approved the purchase. I love my wife too.... 20100725_9e.jpg

Congratulation on the wife and new kamaka. I have one too ,not a kamaka but a wife for 47 years and she allowed me to get 2 kanileas ,a tenor and a soprano long neck.I would not trade the wife for any ukuleles.

Congratulation on the wife and new kamaka. I have one too ,not a kamaka but a wife for 47 years and she allowed me to get 2 kanileas ,a tenor and a soprano long neck.I would not trade the wife for any ukuleles.
Your wife reads these forums doesn't she. :)

Supportive spouses is so important. Mine is also a keeper. My 1st wife had very little interests in my personal interests, which is probably the main reason we didn't last. But my current wife of 15 years now has always been VERY supportive and involved with anything I take on from my classic car hobby, my model railroading hobby, to my musical hobby. She keeps me in check, but she has the skill to look in my eyes and know what is real, and what is impulsive and supports my real pasions. We work well together... I am blessed.

Sounds exactly the same experiences as me!

My wife and I are very much a partnership and she understands the passion I have for my music. Those who have supportive other halves are fortunate indeed.

Congrats to the OP on a great wife and the new uke!!

Aloha Mitch,
Congratulations both ways, for getting a Kamaka 8 stringer and having a good wife that supports your ukulele passion...

So besides being delightful people, ukers are also good at picking spouses?
Who knew a little 4 string instrument was capable of so much!

So besides being delightful people, ukers are also good at picking spouses?
Who knew a little 4 string instrument was capable of so much!

this is a little 8 string instrument----so what does that mean????

this is a little 8 string instrument----so what does that mean????

That you need two wives? No, wait, need to be Muslim or Mormon for that to work. LOL

Top Bottom