I feel like a bad Uker

Miss Michele

Reaction score
I've been feeling "under the weather" for the past week. Dealing with severe heartburn at night and fighting a nasty cold during the day. Dragging myself to work (can't afford not to) takes all of my energy out me. I haven't touched my uke in like a week! I feel so guilty :(

I'm so afraid that I will forget everything that I have learned and will have to start over. I miss my little "Louie". Yes, I have finally named him. lol

I did watch a uke vid earlier that brought a smile to my face. I feel like this should be a contest or something, lol....but if you have what it takes to make me feel better...go for it!

Hopefully, I will be in full swing, soon!

~Michele

Aw, I hope you feel better!

I can definitely sympathize. A few weeks ago I got a moderately serious concussion and ended up mostly curled up on the couch with my eyes closed for a few days. Sound wasn't an issue, but the light sensitivity and general head-scramble feeling was awful. I got overwhelmed just trying to read or pay attention to the TV (and heaven forbid I try to do both!), so the uke went untouched for a while. I'd had it for less than a month and was excited at the progress I was making. It was a huge bummer.

The good news: once I got back into the groove of things, I was pretty quickly right back where I started.

And as a cheering-up incentive, here's a little kid playing "Hey, Soul Sister" on a swing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzPNP3oPj6s

Time away from an instrument can actually be a valuable thing. It give the ol' neural pathways time to knit together. Even though you're not practicing, your brain is still processing all that you've already done.

When you do finally sit down to play, I be you'll be surprised (in a good way). :)

JJ

You could sit and hold Louie when you watch TV. I bet in no time your fingers will find their way to the strings and start strummin. And if you're not up to strumming then at least Louie won't be so lonely :)

Feel better and don't guilt yourself out.

There is no such thing as a "bad" uker.

Any questions? If so, go listen to Marley's "three little birds"

You're all good . . .

Top Bottom