UU Theme Song?

adellethegreat

Reaction score
Who thinks a theme song is in order?

C'mon- this place is the best! We could each write a verse & make it a big UU collab. I wish you guys could hear what's in my head lol. I was thinking of a vid project where we could each write 2 lines, or 1, or 4- whatever, & record them & pass them on till it's complete.

The recurring chorus could be "That's what I found, at the Ukulele Underground". Just need a simple melody & we're golden.

Thoughts?

my thoughts are yes!

I'm all for it!

Tho I keep hearing Jonathan Richman's "Velvet Underground" in my head:

They're wild like the USA
Four-string rockers in a Hawaiian way
Rock and roll, but not like the rest
And to me, music at its best
How in the world are they making that sound?
Ukulele Underground.

A groovy tone on soprano and tenor
Play less strings but makin' it soar
Stay kind of still, look kinda shy
Kinda far away, kinda dignified.
Ukulele Underground.

Now you can look at that band and wonder where
All that sound is coming from
With just 4 strings there.

Twangy sounds of the cheapest types,
Sounds as stark as black and white stripes,
Bold and brash, sharp and rude,
Like the heats turned off
And you're low on food.
Ukulele Underground.

Like this...
(play a bit of Aldrine, Jake and Iz)

Wild wild parties when they start to unwind
A close encounter of the thirdest kind
On the bandstand playing, everybody's saying
Ukulele Underground.

Well you could look at that band
And at first sight
Say that certain rules about modern music
Wouldn't apply tonight.

Twangy sounds of the cheapest kind,
Like "Mahalo sale $10.99,"
Bold and brash, stark and still,
Like the heats turned off
And you can't pay the bill.
Ukulele Underground.

Wild wild parties when they start to unwind
A close encounter of the thirdest kind
On the bandstand grooving, everybody moving
Ukulele Underground.

i think this would be a fun idea. nice lyrics Alan!

Thanks, I think I'll try to record it.

BUT, I didn't mean that this should be the UU themesong. I think AtG's idea is a good one.

Somebody's going to have to come up with the basic structure, genre and tempo of the song first, though. I'd like to hear something in a ska or reggae....:)

BUT, I didn't mean that this should be the UU themesong. I think AtG's idea is a good one.

Somebody's going to have to come up with the basic structure, genre and tempo of the song first, though. I'd like to hear something in a ska or reggae....:)

It could even jump genres, as long as we all used the same chord sequence... ?

I vote no Emajor in it! Screw that chord... tis my weakness. lol

This gives me another idea: editing a bunch of vid clips together could be really hard... as a 2nd option we could all write the lyrics together- everyone contribute a line or 2, or an idea at the least- of something that should be mentioned in the song... then we could all compose our own version- our own music for it, in different styles.... ?

I really want everyone to contribute to the lyrics, though. That's what this place is all about.

So go ahead, everyone say "I" that wants to do this thing- & let's get to going! Once we know who's involved, we can get to specifics.

This gives me another idea: editing a bunch of vid clips together could be really hard... as a 2nd option we could all write the lyrics together- everyone contribute a line or 2, or an idea at the least- of something that should be mentioned in the song... then we could all compose our own version- our own music for it, in different styles.... ?

I really want everyone to contribute to the lyrics, though. That's what this place is all about.

So go ahead, everyone say "I" that wants to do this thing- & let's get to going! Once we know who's involved, we can get to specifics.

brilliant.. you're chock full of great ideas. everybody making their own version with the same lyrics would be a very interesting and fun thing to do.

Count me in!

Top Bottom