America's Got Talent?

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hey UU gang, I need your help!

I am auditioning for the TV show, "America's Got Talent" in just over a week and I am desperate to get input on what I should play!

What do you think I should try?

Livin on a Prayer? And I´ll totally vote for you.

WOW! How have I not seen your videos before? You're Hello Frick'n Kitty amazing! I particularly LOVE your Thriller version (and the video is great). But the best is the Bodysurfing video. I vote for that on the America's Got Talent. BLOW EM' AWAY! That totally made my night. Best of luck - show the world that the ukulele is a serious show stopping instrument!

Last edited:
Bodysurfing...

+2 on body surfing

Living on a prayer! That's the best thing I've ever seen on uke!

IMO bodysurfing gets old very quickly. If you've heard/seen it twice it becomes pretty boring.

How about playing a medley of songs that you know the judges will recognize, but also just blow them away will different techniques...

Livin on a prayer gets my vote. Everybody knows it, and its the best dang cover of it I've ever seen on any instrument. Good luck!! Hey, when you win, I can say I kind of sort of know that guy. In a less-than-personal, saw-his-posts-online kind of thing ;)

As much as I am an advocate on "play what you love", in a case like this, you really need to be sure it is something current, or vintage brought into the current. It needs to be popular, and in the mainstream. (I dont know this), but I think the main target for Americas got talent is probably mid 20's to mid 50's populous, so make sure it is something fun that the populous would fall in love with..

I'll be watching, and hope ya make it on the show. Something like that could cause leaps in the Ukulele acceptance.

Good luck..

I love Livin' on A Prayer but for the audition I vote for Bodysurfing. I agree whatever you do you will do well. Good luck! I can't wait to watch you on TV.

Awesome. I would vote for a medley as well to display diversity and complexity. Don't forget to sport your UU t-shirt! :)

I don't care what you play. I just wish you the very absolute best time ever. Play with your heart. Oh! I so hope you make it.

+3 on Bodysurfing, or Thriller or anything you play....you rock!!!!

I don't care what you play. I just wish you the very absolute best time ever. Play with your heart. Oh! I so hope you make it.

Thanks Sukie, I really hope so too.

I'm leaning towards some flamenco stuff for the audition. (Sort of a blend of some Bodysurfing ideas, Let's Dance, Malaguena, etc)

If I got on I would play Livin' on a Prayer next. What do you guys think?

It's a tough call. On one hand you do not want to use your best material in the auditioning round....on the other hand you want to make sure your audution is good enouigh(shouldnt be a problem for you though!) make make it into the next round.

I agree with ya. lead in with some flamenco stuff. Once you are in you can show off!(even more that is)

Top Bottom