Jesse James

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I wanted to record a song yesterday. I used to teach this song to my music classes 35 years ago when I was a music teacher in high school. I dredged it from the dark recesses of my memory palace.

I am pretty pleased with the opening notes.

Great song, and as always played even better. Can I get lyrics and tabs somewhere ? Oops, just saw on your site not to ask for tabs.
Never mind.

Last edited:
Great song, and as always played even better. Can I get lyrics and tabs somewhere ? Oops, just saw on your site not to ask for tabs.
Never mind.

Thanks, Pete.

Haha. Don't worry. It is just that some people on YT write "tabs?" and expect me to work it out and write it out just for them.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has tabbed out this song yet. I will be doing it for one of my eBooks, but I haven't gotten round to it yet.

If you want chords, just Google the words "jesse james chords" and choose the first result. I just checked it and it is the same chords as I used. I usually just make up the chords, which is why I object to having to write them out. Chords for a song are always so easy to find.

I got the words from another site. Can't remember where. In any case, I just sang what I felt like rather than following the words in front of me. Google "jesse james lyrics".

Very nice. Nicely picked. I love cowboy songs (although this probably wouldn't qualify as a cowboy song) and collect them. I grew up with them with my Dad picking guitar and singing them to me when I was quite small. They somehow always stuck with me. Some of my favorites are The Strawberry Roan, Little Joe the Wrangler, I have no use for Women :),, Little Red Wing, Cowboy's Soliloquy, Cowboy's Meditation, Cattle Call, and on and on. Anyway thanks for the memory. Enjoyed it!! Lozark

Hi Ken, you make nice videos, but your youtube files are way too big, and the buffering interupts a lot of the continuity/pleasure of watching. Is there a reason for that?

Hi Ken, you make nice videos, but your youtube files are way too big, and the buffering interupts a lot of the continuity/pleasure of watching. Is there a reason for that?

I am sorry about that. My files are a lot smaller than many people put up. I try to keep my file size to betweenh 30-90MB. Many people have files that are much larger.

I try to make the video clear enough for people to watch what I am doing. I used to get a lot of complaints on my guitar channel because people couldn't see clearly.

How fast is your broadband connection? Remember, it also depends on how many people are watching at any one time. What I would suggest if you are having buffering problems is to put it on pause until it has loaded and watch another video in the meantime.

Love it. Very nice little beginning note cluster. Cool little solo too. Thanks for dredging that one up Ken,
DAP

I like, it's exceptional, it's very well made. =)
Thank you for the sharing.

Thank you very much.

Very nice. Nicely picked. I love cowboy songs (although this probably wouldn't qualify as a cowboy song) and collect them. I grew up with them with my Dad picking guitar and singing them to me when I was quite small. They somehow always stuck with me. Some of my favorites are The Strawberry Roan, Little Joe the Wrangler, I have no use for Women :),, Little Red Wing, Cowboy's Soliloquy, Cowboy's Meditation, Cattle Call, and on and on. Anyway thanks for the memory. Enjoyed it!! Lozark

Thank you Lozark. I have always liked this song. I don't kinow how far back it goes, but it was first recorded as late as 1924.

Love it. Very nice little beginning note cluster. Cool little solo too. Thanks for dredging that one up Ken,
DAP

Thanks. The start is a very fast triplet on D moving on to the 4th string for the first full bar.

Great playing, Ken! :)

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure, nice job again....you mentioned you were a music teacher 35 years ago.....wow now I know why you're soo good!!!
Happy Strummings...Keep um coming! MM Stan

Hi Ken, Thank you for replying, and yes your videos are quality, but the ADSL subscription that I pay for is referred to as a 384k subscription and I am capped at 4 Gigs. If I watch two videos simultaneously the system becomes proportionally more slow. When I upload to Youtube with windows moviemaker, I use the compression (340?) for youtube in the programme, and the clip runs from 8 to 17 Mb for about a three minute performance. It is your choice of course!

Top Bottom