PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Lost. 4 ukuleles. Waiting for Good News.

SuzukHammer
02-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Cross your fingers.

2 Aaron Keim ukuleles
1 Mango Mainland
1 Koaloha Concert

I'm here. My luggage is not.

I think I could write a song based on this anxiety.

oh and about 15 uke books.

$150 in Guadalupe strings,

That doesn't include all the clothes and the value of the 2 pieces of fine luggage.

Stuff.

Well, let's hope all ends well.

Eric Blooduke
02-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Whattttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Usually it does turn up later, here's hoping!!! Bit of a nightmare though. Are you home from a trip? All fingers crossed as requested (makes typing a bit harder).

Penguinofsorts
02-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Oh nooooo!!! Fingers and toes are crossed! Maybe the luggage guys just couldn't resist playing a little uke...

cletus
02-09-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm glad that you made it safely. I hope that your ukes and stuff come home as well.

dkcrown
02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Yikes, what a nightmare! I hope everything works out for you.

Mim
02-09-2011, 03:25 AM
It should show it! It should! Let us know how it turns out! I feel your stress!!!

bunnyflower
02-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Oh my goodness. Thinking good thoughts for you!!

joeybug
02-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Hope everything makes it way home soon! Thinking of you!

Lori
02-09-2011, 05:25 AM
That is really upsetting. Usually luggage turns-up, and I hope yours gets back to you soon.
–Lori

Skitzic
02-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Oh no! I will be sending good mojo your way! Let us know when it turns up!

I Ukulista
02-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Where? When? What carrier?
We can all help by contacting the carrier with our concerns....

Teek
02-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Hoping for the best!

If however the worst happens, you can write the uke version of "United Breaks Guitars", send the video to the airline and get compensated, and become famous on YouTube. United learned the hard way.

Nickie
02-09-2011, 05:57 AM
May all of your possessions return to you quickly, safely, and peacefully.

DAPuke
02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
May all of your possessions return to you quickly, safely, and peacefully.Same from here!
DAP

Plainsong
02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Does that big luggage sell off center somewhere in the US have a website? The ukes might turn up there. I saw it on Globe Trekker once, a huge store selling the contents of unclaimed baggage. Has the airline been helpful at all?

Gmoney
02-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Does that big luggage sell off center somewhere in the US have a website?

Yep - in Scottsboro, Alabama!

http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/

But... they don't have an online view of what they have - they process over 7000(!) items daily!

hmgberg
02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Sorry. Hope everything finds its way back to you. Please keep us posted. I'm sure it's is very stressful.

mm stan
02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I'd be devastated...good luck and keep us informed....wow...

SuzukHammer
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I'll start calling soon. I just woke up and read all the good vibes and mojo sent my way. Thank you.

I love all those ukes.

oh, Look what I did get home to. I named the brown one Koaloha because she is small and loud.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/Frankdom/DSC00644.jpg?t=1297286822

Ingrate
02-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Surely, you'll get you bags & 'ukes quickly.

..mmm, puppy breath.

:)

wayfarer75
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm sure everything will show up. I hope it's sooner than later!

experimentjon
02-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Oh no! I hope that everything shows up.

Ronnie Aloha
02-09-2011, 01:05 PM
The suspense is killing me!

SuzukHammer
02-09-2011, 06:54 PM
They found my luggage in Seoul Korea. It arrives about 1:30 am. I told them to call me -not to wait until the morning because Bangkok airport has luggage thieves. I aint lieing. If you put anything of value into a checked in bag, if its small enough, it will be stolen. guaranteed. If it sits for more than a few hours somebody will figure out how to steal the bigger stuff.

And my Koaloha is in the bag that has the zipper as the closing mechanism. Those are easy to break into and then easy to look like it was not molested - until you get home.

So, I am going to the airport PRIOR to them calling me. I'm gonna be there at 1:00 AM and the plane lands at 1:30. I will open and inspect my bags at the airport in front of an airport personnel.

I Have steel harmonicas (hopefully still there) so I should be able to tell if the koaloha was left out in the cold. The other 3 ukes in the plastic luggage have lots of insulation because they are small; so I could put layers on them. . Its the Koaloha i'm most concerned about. I may not open the case for about a day.

Plainsong
02-10-2011, 01:28 AM
You can't post pictures of puppies and not tell us all about them! Those are the rules! I'm pretty sure it's in UU terms that you have to agree to when registering. ;)

Sending positive thoughts that the ukes are in one piece and that the bags arrive. :)

joeybug
02-10-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm hoping that by now you've got your bags and Ukes and all is fine with them!

And those puppies are adorable!

SuzukHammer
02-10-2011, 10:05 AM
I got the bags back. They were cold but unmolested. Usually, bags are not cold on arrival because I think they heat the baggage compartments now and its a 5 hour flight so the bags musta been sitting somewhere exposed to the cold in Korea before the flight.

I unwrapped both of the Keims ukes. One of them had a loose rattling sound already. That one has a loose pickup, The pickup had a large enough gap to rattle around. THe wood on the bout and fretboards look fine. He makes them kinda thick. They still feel cold in certain areas. I'll give them some time. If anybody has suggestions how to tighten the pickup, let me know.

I left the Mango Mainland wrapped up and I left the koalaha in its case. That case for the Koaloha is falling apart but that's a different issue. I'll wait a few days before I open it and inspect the Koaloha.

This will be a lesson in shipping ukes.

The harmonicas. Cold. They won't play worth a damned for a few days.

sukie
02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Yay for getting your stuff back. Sounds like all of your stuff. Excellent.

marymac
02-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Whew! Glad you got your uke. Now tell us about the puppies! *stamps foot*

SuzukHammer
02-10-2011, 11:43 AM
This is mom. She is tired. She was free because she didn't have eye markings. Well, if you know about kids, yoou know the genes are there so all three puppies have good eye coloring on the head AND milky white coat .

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/Frankdom/DSC00664.jpg

Dad is a mix of chihuahua and whippet. photo to follow.

2 seemingly diametrically opposed personalities merged into these babies. Is there such a thing as a sensitive thoughtful terrior?

These guys seem like twins and more terrior than chihuahua.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/Frankdom/DSC00660.jpg

My wife let me name this dog as "Koaloha". She is the smallest and seems to have Dad's features : seriousness about life, Napolean Complex, She's small but makes a lot of noise. She thinks she can play rough with her big sises. Even her mom harasses her. haha. so cute.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/Frankdom/DSC00653.jpg

downtoearthed
02-10-2011, 11:50 AM
So cute, I love these puppies and mom is beautiful (and I am glad you got your ukes back). I always think that puppies have "coffee breath".

rem50
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
what a day! Great ending!

GrumpyOldMan
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Dad is a mix of chihuahua and whippet. photo to follow.
A Chihuahua fu**ed a Whippet!!! Are you serious?
Personally I can't stand the sight of dogs but I'd love to see that happening, LOL.

Glad you got your Ukes back.

Plainsong
02-10-2011, 02:55 PM
A Chihuahua fu**ed a Whippet!!! Are you serious?
Personally I can't stand the sight of dogs but I'd love to see that happening, LOL.

Glad you got your Ukes back.

You can't stand dogs but you felt the driving need to post something witty and insightful about dogs anyway. Thanks.

It looks like Koaloha is need of her first claw clipping soon. Koaloha is a good name for a dog. She's Koa for short. :) Are you keeping them all, or are they going out into the big world after 8 or 9 weeks? Pixie went home with us at 8 weeks, but there were still a few visits with the one mama dog and one sister that the breeder kept, and then she went back there for the weekend while we moved to our new apartment. That worked well because she was still learning stuff from her mama dog.

marymac
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
You can't stand dogs but you felt the driving need to post something witty and insightful about dogs anyway. Thanks.

+1

Probably best to keep your fascination with such stuff to yourself Grumpy Man.

hmgberg
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Glad you got your stuff back!

GrumpyOldMan
02-11-2011, 05:02 AM
+1

Probably best to keep your fascination with such stuff to yourself Grumpy Man.

Oh come on. Where's your sense of humour?

SuzukHammer
02-11-2011, 09:17 AM
haha. English humour is even spelled wrong. haha.

Just for the record. I was laughing with the exchange.

Plainsong
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Oh come on. Where's your sense of humour?

Yeah, you posted that you hate dogs. That's frakking hilarious right there. Comedy gold. Welcome to my ignore list.

GrumpyOldMan
02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
haha. English humour is even spelled wrong. haha.

Humour/Humor.
Colour/Color
etc etc
You say Potato
I say Potato
You say Tomato and I say Tomato

(At this point Plainsong enters with)
Lets call the whole thing off.

Hey people, lighten up a little. I didn't mean to cause offence, I just saw something very funny in what I read. Clearly English humour (with a u) doesn't travel well.

Ian.