What makes the rockin world go round..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was watching this weeks Glee (yeah, dorky, but I like the show). They did a song I have always loved by Queen, so I played it on the Uke today.. So, added another to my repitore for the uke.

"Fat Bottom Girls" Always loved that song. It's fun and easy to play on the Uke.. I'm gonna video it once I come up with my version, and IF I can get my daughter to sing it, lol (I can NOT sing and play at the same time. Always been an issue for me with guitar, and the uke.)

I'm a dork too:)
DAP

Aloha Tudorp,
Never hear the song or watched Glee..you say "Fat bottom Girls" .....I'll go check it out....thanks for sharing...I hope your doing fine and keeping warm up there...Happy Strummings....MM Stan

Aloha Brudda Stan.. Doing well up here, and just trying to keep warm. It was 1(one) degree on the scale this morning (not counting wind chill), so at least we're still in whole numbers for now, hahah..

Fat Bottom Girls originally recorded by Queen. Cool and fun song..

Glee did a damn good job with it the other night.

Hey, Tudorp, a little true back story here...

"Fat Bottomed Girls"/"Bicycle Race" was released as a double A-side single. Queen's record company hired a bevy of ample-derriered women and rented a bunch of bicycles for a nude photo shoot. (Those British are a little more liberal about nudity than most Americans.)

Anyway, when they returned the bikes, the rental company charged them for all new seats, insisting that they had to be replaced because they'd been "soiled."

Here's a pic of the cover art for the single with an added airbrushed bikini bottom as a nod to American modesty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Queen_Bicycle_Race1.png

The album ("Jazz") that the songs were on came with a poster of the nude bicycle race shoot--dozens of naked women with bicycles, many wearing helmets (can't be too safe when riding nude, you know). I was about 13--my mom never saw what came inside that album. Now I have to go try to play that on the uke myself!

Man - that is a GREAT song and a wonderful piece of album art. I would post the original but for fear of shocking my American cousins!

Top Bottom