Words (cover)

14twelve

UU+
UU+
Reaction score
Ok, so this is my first (finished) attempt at arranging a song for solo ukulele, and it seemed like an easy one to start with.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAOmn5T6k8

It's pretty easy to play, so here are the tabs if anyone wants to give it a go.

View attachment Words.pdf

Also a good chance to show off my new Blueberry Fluke :)
It doesn't sound quite as "tinny" as it does in the video - I'm using Photobooth and the built in webcam, so the quality isn't too good.

Nice!

Did the camera flip the image or are you playing lefty?

Thanks Deach!! For some reason Photobooth flips it. And I'm having problems with iMovie at the moment - some weird kind of feedback that I can't seem to get rid of, so I went with Photobooth this time.

Great job on a beautiful song! And your new fluke is very cool!

Nice!

Did the camera flip the image or are you playing lefty?

I was going to say...wow somewhere along the line she started playing left handed....I wonder if she even knows...someone should tell her...wait a minute, should I be able to do that? :D

Also a good chance to show off my new Blueberry Fluke :)
It doesn't sound quite as "tinny" as it does in the video - I'm using Photobooth and the built in webcam, so the quality isn't too good.

When I bought my Fluke I opted for the "natural" color because I thought it might be my only uke and I didnt want it to look like a toy...."my only uke"....get it??? HAHAHAHAH, how naive I was. :D

Thank you so much everyone for the lovely comments! I really appreciate it!

wonderful job on the tabbing and video! you have a great ear. thanks for sharing!

oh and how much are you digging your new fluke? i'm digging it from halfway around the world! great color.:)

Thank you so much Russell! And yes, I'm loving my Fluke. It's taking me a while to get used to holding it though. The Flea seems to sit perfectly, but I feel kind of awkward with the shape of the Fluke. It seems to slip a lot when I have to move my left hand. Did you have that problem when you first got yours? I'm loving it though, so am sure I'll get used to it!

Very nicely done, congratulations on the arrangement. I've downloaded the TABs and been playing it. Your fluke sounded very good in the video so it must have a beautiful sounding quality. I really enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks very much Ukesista!! Hope the tabs make sense! Any of the inbetween bits that aren't tabbed out are just picking between the second and third string holding down the previous chord (if that makes sense).

When I bought my Fluke I opted for the "natural" color because I thought it might be my only uke and I didnt want it to look like a toy...."my only uke"....get it??? HAHAHAHAH, how naive I was. :D

LOL!! Is there such a thing as an "only uke" for any of us here! I thought that when I got my first one too though. By the way, has your Koalana arrived yet?? Are you still sitting at the curb? :)

Thanks again everyone!! :D

By the way, has your Koalana arrived yet?? Are you still sitting at the curb? :) :D

Im still sitting at the curb...luckily it's summer up here in this hemisphere so it doesnt get too cold at night. Actually according to UPS it wont be here until Friday :(

Also I have a problem holding my Fluke too because of the shape...that's a common complaint. Im used to it now, but it is kind of hard to change left hand position sometimes. you can buy a strap for it, or hold under the body with your right hand while playing with your thumb, or sit back and hold it kind of with your right forearm...or....i guess i haven't really figured out a solution.

Im still sitting at the curb...luckily it's summer up here in this hemisphere so it doesnt get too cold at night. Actually according to UPS it wont be here until Friday :(

Also I have a problem holding my Fluke too because of the shape...that's a common complaint. Im used to it now, but it is kind of hard to change left hand position sometimes. you can buy a strap for it, or hold under the body with your right hand while playing with your thumb, or sit back and hold it kind of with your right forearm...or....i guess i haven't really figured out a solution.

Friday??? That's longer than it takes to get to Australia! Only took three days for my Kala to get here from Hawaii. It will be worth the wait though! The Koalana looks so nice!!!

Thanks for the holding tips. I'll try them all out and just keep experimenting. I think it will just take time. I'm definitely more comfortable with it after practicing for the video yesterday.

Only two days till Friday :)

Thank you so much Russell! And yes, I'm loving my Fluke. It's taking me a while to get used to holding it though. The Flea seems to sit perfectly, but I feel kind of awkward with the shape of the Fluke. It seems to slip a lot when I have to move my left hand. Did you have that problem when you first got yours? I'm loving it though, so am sure I'll get used to it!

it actually isn't too bad for me. i just hold the fluke at a 45 degree angle and place the corner on my lap. it does slip once in a while, but hasn't made playing too difficult yet. i'd love to try out a flea sometime to see how that sits but i am currently able to keep my UAS under control.:) (we'll see for how long):(

how about a velcro tshirt?

Top Bottom