New Uke-Made-By-A-UUer Day

Kem

Reaction score
The uke I bought from tattwo arrived yesterday, and since it is rather special, I wanted to share it with you. It's a myrtlewood concert pineapple built by tattwo himself. Pictures are below. Also, I've made a terrible, terrible recording, full of background noise that is probably at least partly the fault of the fact that I live near a freeway (though I also need to learn to use Audacity properly). The music in the recording is an improvisation and therefore contains its fair share of hesitations and flubbed notes, but it should give you some idea of what tattwo hath wrought. (There's also some buzz, but I think that's because the poor little uke is currently startled at finding itself in such a cold, dry environment. I shall get it its very own humidifier, and it will be much happier.)

The fifth of the pictures below shows the pineapple with my Classic concert and my Lanikai tenor. The pineapple's scale length is actually in between the two.

The terrible recording is here:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/274270-pineapple-improv

Pineapple-1.jpgPineapple-3.jpgPIneapple-2.jpgPineapple-4.jpgPineapple-5.jpg

Congrats on your new uke!! That one is a beauty, love the grain pattern in the wood. The sound clip was very good! Thanks for posting!!!

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new Uke!!! Love the head stock inlay and the color of the wood.

Aloha Kem,
Congratulations on your new ukulele....Have fun and enjoy....thanks for sharing too!! It looks like a beauty...Happy strummings...MM Stan

Congrats on your new Uke...looks like a right beauty!

Have fun playing it :D

Top Bottom