What do ya call it..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
as in my other thread, I picked up another song "Fat Bottom Girls", and been playing that today. But something aint right. There is a part where it just didn't sound right, so I dropped a fretted string in the D chord (2nd string, 2nd fret to open string) and it sounds allot better. So, now it isn't a D chord, so what is it? I can't find it as a chord, but I plan to use it anyway. As many know, I have always had a problem with musical theroy, but have played for years without it. I am trying to learn (again) what I am doing rather than just playing, because I do tend to change things up and make them my own with pretty good success, but, never really "knowing" what it is I am doing. So, what would you call a chord like that that isn't in the chord book?

Hi Tudorp, if you mean the fretting pattern is 2200 (instead of 2220) that is Dsus2

My wife won't let me play that song... LOL

My wife does because she knows I love the "Phat Bottom Gals..." lol... Just tell her it's a love song.. hehheh

Safety tip for the day..

Just do NOT play her this one..

Bwaaa-haaa. I almost wish I'd never heard that - 'cause I didn't have enough sense not to play "Ain't Gonna Bump No More..." LOL

Top Bottom