Not just a new uke...

MrLarkham

Reaction score
First of all, big thanks to Mike at Mainland. It arrived today! So, I open the box and enjoy the new toy but I don't think I'm half as excited as my wife is reading a local American paper, or as excited as the cat. Wow! A box! He hasn't come out of it in 2 hours.

That box trick works on kids too....
Hmmm, I haven't read a "local American paper" myself in about 10 years, and I live here. I'm curious, what did she find most interesting?
Enjoy your new toy!

Heh, that brings back memories. When I was stationed overseas for three years a couple of the guys had their families bundle up their local papers and send them every couple of weeks. We'd all sit around these guys rooms passing "small town Americana" around for hours whenever one of these packages came in - never mind we didn't know squat about the people or regions represented. Of course, now we have the internet and you can satisfy your thirst for "home" a little more easily.

John

Aloha MrLarkham,
Ha ha ...Conrgratulations on the new mainland have fun and enjoy...Happy strummings...Sometimes when I send gifts overseas especially in flat rate boxes, I include the daily paper....because I always enjoy
when I get them....and to check the price differences on things too....MM Stan

Congratulations on the new Mainland! What did you get?

Ah, never mind! I just looked at your older posts and saw that it's a Red Cedar soprano. Excellent choice!

A gift for the entire family!

Top Bottom