Please help me pick my next uke! ... it will be one of these two Mainlands...

Both sopranos, get the style that you like the look of!

Aloha Ukphoria,
Too bad you cannot try them out side to side comparison...buy two return one....just pay the shipping back...it will be worth the shipping cost...Talk to Mike.. I'm sure he'll understand Happy Strummings, MM Stan

The scales are the same, but actually, the sound is going to be different between a soprano and a pinapple soprano that are otherwise identical because the soundboxes are of a different shape and volume and the soundboards of a different shape. How major the difference is depends on way too many factors to guess at - but I would generalize and WAG (not even a proper SWAG) that the pinapple probably emphasize midrange a bit more while the traditional soprano shape is probably going to accentuate the highs. Again, that's purely a guess!

You might e-mail Mike at Mainland and ask him to describe the difference between the two. I know it seems like a trend, but the Mikes on this forum seem to be really helpful and committed to the uke beyond just earning a living!

John

Get the pineapple, but get a hard case for it, too.

It will be worth it.

-Kurt

flip a coin and before it lands you will know what you want

The sound will be slightly different. I say, pineapple!

There is a review of a red cedar soprano on You Tube, I'm not sure how many there are, but it was one of the best sounding ukes I've ever heard. I would have to vote for the soprano. I'm just not a pineapple kind of guy.

I have a Red Cedar pineapple, and a mahogany soprano. I love them both. I would like to get a Red Cedar soprano too. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Pineapple...because it is a PINEAPPLE.
Brighter tone from the pineapple due to the size of the soundboard- more "plucky".
Must find more money

TCK... you said the magic word... plucky. I love a good plucky sound- are pineapples usually a more plucky sound in general? And just to be sure we are on the same page... what's plucky? Banjo-ish like?

Top Bottom