PDA

View Full Version : I HATE my Ukulele!!!!!

Jerry Morning
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting worse...

On a good note - my 6 year old daughter said, "Daddy, can I start taking ukulele lessons and if I get good can I get a pink Dolphin ukulele?".

I guess we could be addicted to worse things!

Uncle Leroy
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I'd like to say I feel sorry for you.........but,

mds725
02-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I think you have to get your daughter a pink Dolphin.

lozarkman
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Your fingers must be bloody stubs! :) Lozark

GreatGazukes
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting better...

There fixed it for you! Thats why it's addictive, :)

(btw, it doesn't abate, I've been doing the same for 14 months!!)

mybote
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I wish I could say I have my addiction under control. ( but I don't). Actually, I just bought a Kamaka HF3 tenor from Acoustic Vibes in Tempe, Az. Now there's a monkey on my back I'll never get rid of. ( But, who wants to?)

OldePhart
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
No, let's be honest. What you hate is the fact that life, and that little necessity know as "making a living," are interfering with your uke playing! I think we can all relate to that. It's kind of like the old saying, "work is the curse of the drinking class." LOL

John

Coconut Willie
02-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Man not only are you infected but you are infecting you own daughter!!!!!

Nice going!!!!! (lol)

mm stan
02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Aloha Jerry,
I'm sure you're hooked and it's highly contagious...get you daughter her pink dolphin....be happy you don't have UAS yet, Have fun and enjoy the journey!!!.....Happy Strummings, MM Stan..
I see many happy memories in the makings...

ksiegel
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting worse...

No, no... You don't hate your Uke - you hate the fact that time isn't staying still while you're playing the Uke.

I have the same prolem - eat, sleep, work, housework... They're all getting in the way! I only started playing at the beginning of December, so I can relate to your situation.

Ooohhh... but I know the cure! I have to get ANOTHER ukulele! That'll take care of the time problem!

So what if the laundry has to wait another day... or 4?

-Kurt

Jerry Morning
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Great to know you all have such a good sense of humor!! I am loving the journey and so happy to drag my family along. Playing the uke is such a happy experience and totally infectious!

One pink dolphin has been ordered for my sweet daughter. She is going to love it and we can strum and sing together and have a great time. I know my wife will fall for it too before long!

I feel lucky to have found such a cool online community!

Peace! >> Jerry

Papa Tom
02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I have a little unfinished ditty that I made up the first week I had my uke. It goes sort of like:

[C] I canít put this [F] danged thing [C]down. [C] I canít put this [F] danged thing [C]down.
[F] Need to get some work done, but this is just too much fun
[C] I canít put this [F]danged thing [C]down!

Anybody wanna finish it????

Nixon
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
5 years later and I still have the same problem. I easily play the uke more than I do uni work:p