I HATE my Ukulele!!!!!

Jerry Morning

Reaction score
Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting worse...

On a good note - my 6 year old daughter said, "Daddy, can I start taking ukulele lessons and if I get good can I get a pink Dolphin ukulele?".

I guess we could be addicted to worse things!

I'd like to say I feel sorry for you.........but,

Your fingers must be bloody stubs! :) Lozark

Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting better...

There fixed it for you! Thats why it's addictive, :)

(btw, it doesn't abate, I've been doing the same for 14 months!!)

I wish I could say I have my addiction under control. ( but I don't). Actually, I just bought a Kamaka HF3 tenor from Acoustic Vibes in Tempe, Az. Now there's a monkey on my back I'll never get rid of. ( But, who wants to?)

No, let's be honest. What you hate is the fact that life, and that little necessity know as "making a living," are interfering with your uke playing! I think we can all relate to that. It's kind of like the old saying, "work is the curse of the drinking class." LOL

John

Aloha Jerry,
I'm sure you're hooked and it's highly contagious...get you daughter her pink dolphin....be happy you don't have UAS yet, Have fun and enjoy the journey!!!.....Happy Strummings, MM Stan..
I see many happy memories in the makings...

Last edited:
Can anyone relate??

Yesterday I played for 12 hours and didn't get any work done at all!! When I was taking a break I was on UU learning all I could. I've only been playing for 2 months but this G*D D*MN little thing has me totally addicted and things just keep getting worse...

No, no... You don't hate your Uke - you hate the fact that time isn't staying still while you're playing the Uke.

I have the same prolem - eat, sleep, work, housework... They're all getting in the way! I only started playing at the beginning of December, so I can relate to your situation.

Ooohhh... but I know the cure! I have to get ANOTHER ukulele! That'll take care of the time problem!

So what if the laundry has to wait another day... or 4?

-Kurt

HA!

Great to know you all have such a good sense of humor!! I am loving the journey and so happy to drag my family along. Playing the uke is such a happy experience and totally infectious!

One pink dolphin has been ordered for my sweet daughter. She is going to love it and we can strum and sing together and have a great time. I know my wife will fall for it too before long!

I feel lucky to have found such a cool online community!

Peace! >> Jerry

I have a little unfinished ditty that I made up the first week I had my uke. It goes sort of like:

[C] I can’t put this [F] danged thing [C]down. [C] I can’t put this [F] danged thing [C]down.
[F] Need to get some work done, but this is just too much fun
[C] I can’t put this [F]danged thing [C]down!

Anybody wanna finish it????

5 years later and I still have the same problem. I easily play the uke more than I do uni work:p

Top Bottom