PDA

View Full Version : The wife thinks Im not right..

Tudorp
02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
One of those "have to be there" moments. But, I caught the wife's head sticking around the kitchen wall looking at me with one of "those" looks.

I was only goofing around and randomly started playing the theme to "The Banana Splits". I just stopped and said "What?"

All she said was "Really?"

Ahh.. Being married for years and the evolution of communication..

Anyway.. Gonna finish my Banana Splits tune now.. ;)

mds725
02-09-2011, 11:49 AM
The Banana Splits? Really?

GreatGazukes
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Ahhh, men, they never grow up!!!!

spots
02-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Now there's a good two chord song.

Tudorp
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Dunno, I was pickin it with bends and hammer on/offs really jammin it.. What chords is it, I would like to strum a few chords in there too..

OldePhart
02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Hmmm, well, they say our spouses know us best... LOL

(I can't believe I'm the first one who got a racket on this easy serve!)

mm stan
02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Aloha Tudorp,
It could have been alot worse...at least she said one semi cool word... was that a ah huh moment????

ksiegel
02-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, you know...

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more....

A few years back the (now closed) local Borders music section was playing a CD of Saturday Morning Cartoon theme songs, performed by modern artists (I think the B-52s did the Flintstone Theme, for example), and when the Banana Splits theme came on, I started singing along... then so did my wife, and a couple of other couples who will never see their 30's again...

The kids at the counter just stared, slack-jawed....

I think we were a little loud, or something.

-Kurt

OldePhart
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM

-Kurt

BWAAA-HAAA - I live to embarrass my children - that's the only true revenge a parent can have on their children, after all!

Tudorp
02-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Thats why I always loved the song. As goofy as it is, and it doesnt matter how much ya hate it, ya GOT to sing along.. Im gonna do up a cool version of it, and put it in my list. I love that look the wife gives.. lol

Chap
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Well, you know...

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more....

A few years back the (now closed) local Borders music section was playing a CD of Saturday Morning Cartoon theme songs, performed by modern artists (I think the B-52s did the Flintstone Theme, for example), and when the Banana Splits theme came on, I started singing along... then so did my wife, and a couple of other couples who will never see their 30's again...

-Kurt

I own that CD. :)

tori8984
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I always preferred this song to the theme (tra la la) theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_povViR1w&feature=related

spots
02-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Dunno, I was pickin it with bends and hammer on/offs really jammin it.. What chords is it, I would like to strum a few chords in there too..

You can play the song with a I / IV I chord progression on the verse, and a IV I IV I / IV I IV V I progression on the chorus:

Banana Splits Theme Song

G
One banana, two banana, three banana, four
C G
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more
G
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
C G
Coming home to bring you the Banana Splits show!

C G C G
Tra la la, tra la la la
C G C D G
Tra la la, tra la la la