The wife thinks Im not right..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
One of those "have to be there" moments. But, I caught the wife's head sticking around the kitchen wall looking at me with one of "those" looks.

I was only goofing around and randomly started playing the theme to "The Banana Splits". I just stopped and said "What?"

All she said was "Really?"

Ahh.. Being married for years and the evolution of communication..

Anyway.. Gonna finish my Banana Splits tune now.. ;)

Now there's a good two chord song.

Dunno, I was pickin it with bends and hammer on/offs really jammin it.. What chords is it, I would like to strum a few chords in there too..

Hmmm, well, they say our spouses know us best... LOL

(I can't believe I'm the first one who got a racket on this easy serve!)

Aloha Tudorp,
It could have been alot worse...at least she said one semi cool word... was that a ah huh moment????

Well, you know...

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more....

A few years back the (now closed) local Borders music section was playing a CD of Saturday Morning Cartoon theme songs, performed by modern artists (I think the B-52s did the Flintstone Theme, for example), and when the Banana Splits theme came on, I started singing along... then so did my wife, and a couple of other couples who will never see their 30's again...

The kids at the counter just stared, slack-jawed....

I think we were a little loud, or something.

-Kurt

-Kurt

BWAAA-HAAA - I live to embarrass my children - that's the only true revenge a parent can have on their children, after all!

Thats why I always loved the song. As goofy as it is, and it doesnt matter how much ya hate it, ya GOT to sing along.. Im gonna do up a cool version of it, and put it in my list. I love that look the wife gives.. lol

Well, you know...

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more....

A few years back the (now closed) local Borders music section was playing a CD of Saturday Morning Cartoon theme songs, performed by modern artists (I think the B-52s did the Flintstone Theme, for example), and when the Banana Splits theme came on, I started singing along... then so did my wife, and a couple of other couples who will never see their 30's again...

-Kurt

I own that CD. :)

Dunno, I was pickin it with bends and hammer on/offs really jammin it.. What chords is it, I would like to strum a few chords in there too..

You can play the song with a I / IV I chord progression on the verse, and a IV I IV I / IV I IV V I progression on the chorus:

Code:
Banana Splits Theme Song

G 
One banana, two banana, three banana, four
C                             G 
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more
G 
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
C                              G 
Coming home to bring you the Banana Splits show!

C      G   C         G 
Tra la la, tra la la la
C      G   C      D  G 
Tra la la, tra la la la

Last edited:
Top Bottom