Kanilea Custom Super Concert Uke w/Case - Spruce & Koa - Sell or Trade

LoMa

Reaction score
SOLD!!!
I have a Kanilea custom super concert ukulele in like-new condition that I'd like to sell or trade! It has a Concert sized body with a tenor scale neck. All solid woods - sitka spruce top that has the most heavily figured bearclaw I have ever seen. The spruce has a rich golden color - I have never thought of spruce as a beautiful wood until I saw the spruce on this Kanilea.

Nicely flamed koa back, with relatively plain, but still very lovely, koa sides. Showy flamed koa peghead overlay. Curly koa inlay rosette. Gold open back geared Grover tuners.

This is a customized K-3 model with upgraded features, including

*** curly myrtle binding around top and back,
*** rope purfling on top and along the center seam on the back,
*** ebony fretboard and tie-bridge,
*** black Tusq nut and saddle.

Gloss finish, approximately 17" scale, 14 frets to the body, 19 total frets. Paua shell side position dots at 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets.

The craftsmanship is impeccable except for a small area where the finish is a little uneven on the right hand lower bout of the spruce top. You can see it if you angle the ukulele just right - I never noticed it until now while examining it for sale. In any case, a beautiful and beautifully made instrument!

Low action with excellent intonation and playability. Can be strung with concert strings for a lower string tension, or with tenor strings for the higher string tension common to tenors. Currently strung Low G with Aquila concert strings. A new set of low G Aquila tenor strings is also included.

Broad tonal palette with very good dynamics from loud to soft. Excellent projection and lovely sustain. Beautiful tone that will open up even more as it gets played. The ukulele has been played only a handful of times.

Like new condition. Comes with orginally supplied brown canvas-covered polystyrene hardshell case. I am the original owner.

$1050 with free shipping within the continental USA,
Or TRADE or TRADE + CASH. I'm especially interested in trading for a National WOOD bodied resonator uke. A spruce top Larrivee concert or soprano, or an Eckhause spruce top Stradelele concert uke are also high on my want list. Other spruce-top concert & soprano ukes may be considered as well.

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, come on over and play the Kanilea and see what you think!

Let me know if you're interested!

Attachments

• DSC07481.JPG
    DSC07481.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC07495.JPG
    DSC07495.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC07490.JPG
    DSC07490.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC07492.JPG
    DSC07492.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC07484.JPG
    DSC07484.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Aw, I was interested in a Super Concert, but I don't have anything good to trade or any money. I have a Mahalo baritone and $110, if you want :p

hey jimmy,
you sure you don't have a nice National concert you wanna trade for the Kanilea???

i might even travel to Ireland then!

Top Bottom