I am LIVID right now..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am mad enough to eat nails, but not sure if it is at my daughter, or at who knows who. My daughter just got home from basketball. She took her Les Paul to school this morning to show her music teacher. After her game, she got it, and had it by her locker. Left the locker room for a minute to tell her coach something. Came back and that quick her Les Paul was gone..

1st, your dont EVER let a Les Paul out of your sight.
2nd, well there aint no 2nd.. She was stupid to leave it even for a minute.

Im not sure if I am more disapointed in her for being that dumb (which she is not), or disapointed in whoever. We are in a small town, and it is a very friendly safe town. In fact, most kids don't even lock their bikes up at the bike rack around here.. It's as close to Mayberry as you can get... But, there are always sour grapes in the bowl where ever you are, and leaving something like that without eyes on it, is like dangling a crawdad in front of a large mouth bass.

I got to chill out, I had to vent, or choke someone.. Safer to vent..

Ouch... that's a mighty sad story... I truly hope your daughter gets her Les Paul guitar back... hopefully someone will rat out the thief....

Be sure to check craigslist, ebay and other local selling sites to see if it becomes listed. In the meantime, report the loss to the police (ya got the serial number on file? and a pic?). I don't think your homeowner insurance policy will cover the loss... since the item was not at home.

Prayers, good vibes and best wishes for the guitar's recovery...

Aloha Tudorp,
If it's a small town, it has to come up to surface some time soon..did she remember who was in the locker room before and afterwards....sad thing tho, it was another girl.....
I can't remember when I was in school if there were ever girl guitar players in our school then...probally not...maybe just an opportunist...I'd give the pawn shops a call for a heads up..
heat up the area with stolen guitar posted notices around town.....make sure that person may never use or sell it there.........Good Luck Buddy, MM Stan

Oh it's already heating up. That guitar has to be thrown in lake Michigan to not be dug up. Like ya said, this is a small town, and whoever has it can't show it to anyone in a 40 mile radious. All the small towns around here are very tight nit communities, and Casey being in all the sports programs is very well known around all these little towns, AND well loved by many, from all the schools and towns. And they all know her talent and her guitar. Word has spread in less than an hour that her Les Paul was stolen out of the locker room, and the whole area is on the case now. Whoever took it probabaly already got word, and poopin on themselves right now. My worries are if they get scared, that they might destroy it, just to keep it covered up. So, we'll see if it turns up. Words out on the streets as we speak..

Bummer man, hope it turns up.

Reminded me of a story, maybe it will cheer you up a bit. Back in college, a friend had his Les Paul ripped off. Amazingly, the cops returned it a few days later. Turned out the thief called a pawn shop and asked he he wanted to buy a "Lay Paul" guitar, that's "Les" pronounced with a French accent, as in "Les Miserables". The pawn shop owner said, "sure bring it in". He showed up and was met by the cops.

That was back before craigslist, but if there are any pawn shops in town, you might want to give them a heads up, as well.

Not gonna believe this..

Just got a call from a parent. I know who it was, but promised not to devulge it. The kid brought the guitar home and told her Mom it was her boyfriend's guitar, and he asked her to hold onto it and sell it for him.

Get this.. The Mom already knew of Casey's guitar theft before her daughter came home. She called me and told me her daughter brought it home with her, and described it "It has a "Les Paul" signiture on the thingy where the screw thingies are. Does that mean anything?" lol. Well YUH.. hahahh.. She was worried about the fall out from this in the small community, and was PISSED at her daughter, and promised to "handle it" if I kept her ID quiet, and called off the dogs. I promised it would be anonymous as soon as I get the guitar back. The guitar is on it's way home as we speak. I asked the parent to be sure to keep this girl as far from Casey as she ever could. This girl has always hated my daughter (jealosy thing) and has always given my daughter a hard time. I requested that the girl never speaks to Casey again, and stay away from her, and not to cause any issues in the future with her, and all will be forgotten, forgiven and unspoken.. So good did come out of this..

Wow.. Gotta love small communities.. And all in less than two hours..

Wow! Amazing grace and rapid resolution.

Glad to hear things worked out.

Sounds like it is going to work out well.

Good thing you live in a small town. I live in Southern California and it would have already been sold three times and my identity would have been stolen too.

John

Wow! Amazing grace and rapid resolution.

Glad to hear things worked out.

yeah really. that wasn't even enough time to brew up an epic "Mad on". What a two hour emotional rollercoaster.. lol

BTW: The daughter was crying her eyes out, now jumping around in glee like it was Christmas morning again.. Bet she never lets it out of her sight again..

Just got it. The Mom was very nice and very appologetic. Said she will definatley deal with her daughter, and told my daughter she is such an awesome person for being able to forgive and keep her daughter's name quiet about it. We told her we didn't want to ruin anyone in such a small community, but this was mostly so disapointing because we have always prided this small town for it's "mayberryish" life style, and that is somewhat tarnished now. If anything, if it keeps the girl from giving my daughter grief anymore, it was worth it. Her Mother is a good woman, I hope she grows up listening to her and turns out as well.

I'm glad the guitar is safe and sound at home. I hope that chick learned her lesson, and hope she's getting hell from her mom right now! I'm sure your daughter is very happy to have the Les Paul back. How sad that we can't trust many people nowadays.

I love happy endings!

:smileybounce:

Glad to hear all has been resolved. Kids go through some "intersting" learning curves, unfortunately this one was through your yard!

Oh, man, that sucks, especially that it was stolen by someone she knows. Glad to hear she's got it back now. Kudos to the thief's mom for doing the right thing. If it were my daughter, she'd be grounded until she turns 18. I guess I wouldn't be as forgiving as you.

Years ago I worked at a major record company. Our Christmas bonus every year was a canned ham. Now, I don't eat red meat, but it was take the ham or get nothing. So I always took the ham and donated it to a homeless shelter. It just so happened that on "ham distribution day" there was a going away party for someone in one of the studios and I stopped by to pay my respects on the way out.

I sat the ham down on a table not 2' away, turned my back for less than 30 seconds to talk to someone, and when I turned around, my ham was gone! The thing was, I knew every single person in that room. Talk about putting a damper on your Christmas spirit. :mad:

But the word got out, and the next day several people called me to offer their hams to give to the shelter. You can't imagine how ecstatic the shelter people were when two of us showed up to deliver not one - but four! - hams. :)

and this is why we're called "parents"!

Glad it was resolved quickly . A good lesson for your little girl, and undoubtedly for the perp!

Parents rock!

I'm glad your story turned out well, you had just gotten it for her for christmas hadn't you?

I don't think a thing like that tarnishes your towns good rep, if anything it shows how good your town is, you got it back

Also, kids do stupid things, and kids steal stuff. Heck I stole stuff, not proud of it. I didn't steal a Les Paul though haha. My biggest crime was that I stole a whoopie-cushion from a local market once, I then broke it within the hour, but tipped the counter guy my "snack money" the next week to make up for it =)

Top Bottom