Whoops... UAS attack!

Penguinofsorts

Reaction score
So I've been really wanting a tenor with a pickup for a few months, but I'm a bit low on cash, what with dropping $13,000 on a new roof/gutters for the house and garage. However, I saw this beautiful instrument on eBay today and I just couldn't help myself. It was a little impulsive, seeing as I should have looked into it a bit more, but I think it'll be a nice on for me, and for under $300.00, I don't think I'll be disappointed! I should have asked you all before I bid ( and won), but what do you think???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220735957565&si=y7C%252BLj5y%252BlcC%252Fp3n6RGIBcaN8Sw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_5699wt_1433
NEW KALA KA-MTE-C TENOR ELECTRIC UKULELE WITH CASE

It looks really nice. I've been happy with my 3 Kala ukes. That seems like a good price, too. Congratulations!

Aloha Penguinofsorts,
Congratulations on the new Kala tenor...have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings man!!! MM Stan

Congrats on the new Kala. It looks like it might be Mango, and I love my Kala mango tenor.

–Lori

UAS getting me this week too.

Existing = Kala tenor mahogany & Kala Acacia Concert
Coming = Mahalo Black Les Paul to take on holiday
Ordering = Kala Acacia Tenor (with slotted head)

I'm realllllly excited! Before this, I didn't have a tenor OR a uke with a pick-up...so now I'll have both in one! It's supposed to get here sometime next week. My guilty feeling is fading quickly...and it looks like it's going to be a really pretty instrument!

UAS too

today I just got home from a business travel trip in Norway and I found three cheap ukes were delivered to my house while I was gone that I had ordered sort of compulsively but I really did want them!

Actually I ordered FOUR ukes but the dolphin did not show up yet as they are on backorder. I might should cancel the dolphin maybe... its thirty two bucks delivered.

So, I got a Luna Honu. It comes with Aquilas, a gig bag and a pitch pipe delivered from Musicians Friend for 69 bucks. When I got it, the intonation relative to the harmonics was perfect but the action was a little high so it was sharp when fretted. In about fifteen minutes I had the thing set up perfectly using my file on the nut and saddle (I also removed the shim under the saddle) and it sounds very nice. It has a few scratches on it right from brand spanking new but generally looks nice and has a lovely tone with the aquilas.

I also got a Makala Pineapple. This thing has a super thin laminate top. It costs 39 dollars delivered. It needed the action fixed and I did that. It also needed a new set of strings as I did not like the black ones that were on it so I put some Martin Fluorocarbons on it. It is a decent uke! It has a flawless finsih for what it is.

BUT NOW THE BEST OF THE THREE was a Mahalo Les Paul! Mine is cherry sunburst. Wow this one is the nicest looking by far. There are some slight imperfections in the finish if you want to be picky but it is SUPER WELL WORTH THE PRICE. Of the three instruments, it is the only one that did not require any setup. It was setup perfectly at the factory. It comes with aquilas and a gig bag delivered for 52 bucks and has an awesome tone for a laminate in my opinion. Sounds different than the honu but not worse sounding at all. It sounds great and I would recommend this ukulele to folks for a cool sounding uke for 52 bucks for sure. Unlike the Makalas, you don't even need to buy a new set of strings as it comes with aquilas but they don't brag about it because the instrument does not come with that tag on it saying it has aquilas on it but that is in fact what comes on it. Of the three, I am the most pleased with the Mahalo. I don't know why they get such a bad rap. Maybe they are trying harder with this one... I don't know but it is real nice.

My wife says no more ukes should come in the house lol.

Booo....so I saw that my uke arrived today and had to wait ALL DAY to come home and open it up...and it's the wrong uke!!! It's a Kala Acadia uke of some sort (already re-packed it up)...with no pick up and no cutaway. Oh so sad! It's so beautiful! But I played a song on it and packed it back away and am pending response from the ebay store I got it from (which will remain nameless as long as this is remedied ASAP). Should I ask the seller for some sort of compensation for the mess-up?

I'm so sad. And I'm worried that MY uke went to someone else!!

:-(

How does acacia compare to curly mango?? I am debating keeping it... Although I was kind of looking forward to having a cutaway and I really want a pick up... But I could get that installed...but the curly mango is so pretty...

looks magnificent man , enjoy!

Well you paid for a uke with a pickup, and got one without, that alone would be a return. If you like the uke, then keep it and ask for a refund of the difference. Otherwise if you send it back, it'd be nice if the seller compensated your cost of shipping it back, but don't hold your breath for that. :(

Top Bottom