Anyone got a uke you keep at work? Any recommendations?

Do you have a uke you keep at work?

• No

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Yes, one

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Yes, more than one

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Doc_J

Reaction score
Anyone got a uke you keep at work?
Just curious to see who has a uke they keep at work, and what uke it is.
I'm thinking about it. Any recommendations?

I bring a uke from home occassionally (doesn't everyone), but wouldn't want to leave it there. My office has big swings in temps (60-80F) and humidity (10% to 60%).
So, it seems to me a laminate would be required (or is it?) to live at my office.

Anyone got a uke you keep at work?
Just curious to see who has a uke they keep at work, and what uke it is.
I'm thinking about it. Any recommendations?

I bring a uke from home occassionally (doesn't everyone), but wouldn't want to leave it there. My office has big swings in temps (60-80F) and humidity (10% to 60%).
So, it seems to me a laminate would be required (or is it?) to live at my office.
I learned the hard way to not bring a nice uke to work. But I have a few dolphins that stay in my classroom as well as a solid spruce top kala travel soprano.

I generally have my Applause Acoustic (red) with me everywhere I go and I have it behind me while I'm at my desk.

I've actually left it behind a couple of times. (I do have a few more at home) usually because I'm taking home lots
of stuff.

I used to play in the staff lounge every break, except lunch. I'm currently reading a spy novel or playing with a new
Android Tablet.

Anyway, keep uke'in',

I have a plastic princess uke under my desk. Since it's super cheap, and all plastic I don't worry about it (my office has wild temp and humidity changes as well). If I know I'm going to play at work I sometimes bring one of my others.

I usually keep my cigar box uke by Bluegrass Ukes at the office. It works great because the square bottom allows me to leave it 'standing' on the credenza or on my desk when I'm not using it (during the day when I'm there). It makes a good conversation piece sitting out in my office. At night it stays in its case safely tucked away in the bottom drawer of a horizontal file cabinet.

Fleas and Flukes are also good options for the office. Flat bottoms, durable plastic backs, not too pricey....

I have a guitar hanging on the wall in my office, but usually carry a uke to work.
It depends on the circumstance, tonight I go straight from the office to a gathering so I have my DaSilva.

I have a Mitchell MU-100 here at work. It's hanging right next to me. It stays here all the time. Saves me from lugging one in each day. People stop by from time to time and play it as well. Met a few uke players, and several more who have said "I have to get me one of those!"

i keep a dolphin by the desk, it is cheap so i am not worried abotu it getting broken or nicked. it bemuses the students when they come to see me and i am strumming away though. ( i'm a head teacher in a language school)

Aloha Doc_J,
A good choice is the Captain's Backpacker...it fits in your desk drawer and it's quiet enoug to play there...and if you plug it to a honeytone battery amp you can rock on..and it's light and the
overall concert length is shorter since it is headless....Check out and google Captain Ukulele....it is a reasonable priced too....a lot cheaper and other it's size and type...but well worth it...
I play mine at night in my apartment buillding with no problems...Good Luck and I hope you find your perfect office uke...MM Stan..

I have a Koloa KU-600 in my desk - solid mahogany soprano. Decent little thing, nothing fancy at all. I work in IT and the office is very climate controlled with virtually no variations in temperature or humidity. It lives locked in my desk except lunch times.

I keep one of my Fleas in my classroom during the school week but I always bring it home over the weekend. It is durable and pretty much student-proof!

pineapple eleuke-solid- with earbuds and MP3 nice and quiet for them, loud as I like for me!

I keep a tenor flea and a travel soprano in my office. My primary ukulele, a Big Island Honu tenor, sometimes spends the night in my office if have more than one ukulele event in the same week.

I didn't before this thread started. However, tomorrow will be my trusty Makala soprano's first day at work! Such a great idea...

I usually keep my cigar box uke by Bluegrass Ukes at the office. It works great because the square bottom allows me to leave it 'standing' on the credenza or on my desk when I'm not using it (during the day when I'm there). It makes a good conversation piece sitting out in my office. At night it stays in its case safely tucked away in the bottom drawer of a horizontal file cabinet.

Fleas and Flukes are also good options for the office. Flat bottoms, durable plastic backs, not too pricey....

I have this Vineyard I keep on my desk. I am in a cube farm and so far (knock on wood) it has not strayed.

ukt55sg.jpg

+1 on the Dolphin

I have three Makala's at work- I am a teacher so they come off the wall all day. Wish I had a picture of them on their really cool hanger that ToucanMango (fellow UU'er) made me, but alas, I do not- it is exactly like this one though
attachment.php

He made it for me on request- I love that guy:)

NVS! There rare times I'm at my desk at work, I'm working. I sometimes have a few minutes to play when I run home for lunch.

Top Bottom