The Ukulele Renaissance - A reflection

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Fifteen years ago it seemed very difficult to find a good ukulele at an affordable price. So many were of the toy variety or either the more pricey sort. Now there is an abundance of affordable and very playable instruments, custom instruments with so many tonewoods, readily available sizes and shapes, improvements in electronics, DVDs, books, Forums:)-Hooray for UU! More players, more musicians using it as central instrument, and in the past year or so it seems to be getting much more respect as it should.
I think we are in a Renaissance and I want to put on a puffy shirt. I think they wore puffy shirts during the Renaissance?

0000043801_20071018142711.jpg

But I don't wanna be a pirate!

I know a low talker. I may have agreed to do this at some point. I'm not sure.

Aloha Mike,
Thanks to you to for making the ukulele movement where it is now too...I'd say you're a Ukulele Renaissance Man...and thank you for the Quality service you provide, I hear good comments about
you all the time...You truely do want spread the ukulele love around...I'd say you're in the right bussiness that you love.....Much Mahalos, Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

You don't have to be a pirate. You can always just wear this:

Purple-dress.gif

(Yes, that's me all got up in a purple brocade dress with the best sleeves ever--unfortunately difficult to see in this picture--playing the ukulele and thinking thoughts framed entirely in iambic pentameter.)

Incidentally, the ukulele really should have existed during the Renaissance. It would have been easier to lug around than some of the instruments that were popular then.

Mahalo nui loa Stan
I do love the instrument and the fact that I have come across so many nice and fun people because of it. Ukulele play'uzz rock! \m/.
Aloha Mike,
Thanks to you to for making the ukulele movement where it is now too...I'd say you're a Ukulele Renaissance Man...and thank you for the Quality service you provide, I hear good comments about
you all the time...You truely do want spread the ukulele love around...I'd say you're in the right bussiness that you love.....Much Mahalos, Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

Lovely. The pineapple is a little lutey if ya think about it.

Purple-dress.gif

(Yes, that's me all got up in a purple brocade dress with the best sleeves ever--unfortunately difficult to see in this picture--playing the ukulele and thinking thoughts framed entirely in iambic pentameter.)

Incidentally, the ukulele really should have existed during the Renaissance. It would have been easier to lug around than some of the instruments that were popular then.

Hey, I get to be part of a renaissance. :) Got a Mainland Baritone yesterday and am taking it out to a Celtic session at the bar tonight.

Your iambic penatmeter works great with a 12 bar blues type back up for something completely different and fun around the camp fire when the Shakespeare breaks out after a few adult beverages.

Paul

Purple-dress.gif

I assure you Kem, I would look way better as a pirate! LOL

John

Maybe the ukulele is the lute of the new millenium. However, if playing an ukulele means having to wear Jerry Seinfeld's puffy shirt, I might give up playing the ukulele. I might wear this, though.

attachment.php

Top Bottom