AARRRRGGG.. I am so confused..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ok, ok.. Just another bit of turmoil in my home the past day or two. I wrote the other day that I am considering selling my beloved Ku'u poki'i (Sopranino) in order to add the new Epiphone Les Paul Uke to my collection. I took Ku'u poki'i out today to look at her, touch her, play her.. I spent a few hours this morning really jamming on Ku'u poki'i, and she sang so sweet for me this morning, like she was singing her swan song in hopes I would change my mind. I am SO messed up right now and my wife even saw it.. She told me not to sell her, because she can tell even though I don't play her allot, that I love the little thang. She threatened to hide her because she knows I would regret it after she's gone. But, I just can't justify keeping her. I feel like Brett Farve deciding to retire or not. I have never been this un-decisive in my life about anything.

Anyway. Another passion of mine is model rail roading. I have a couple collectible train sets in my train collection. I just posted one of those in hopes it will sell to fund the Epi uke. But, if it doesn't sell, I do have a buyer for Ku'u poki'i and I'll have to say goodbye.. Man, I hate this.. :(

Mine all pull the same stunt. I think, "Oh I can let this one go now" and then when I take it out for photos and then sit and mess with it, all of a sudden it sounds awesome, or is suddenly more playable. So it gets to stay, or not and I regret it. But I usually on reflection would do it again to get whatever I upgraded to.

I sold my first uke earlier this week. I hadn't had it long and it was only a cheap starter (to see how I'd get on) but I was hit by a wave of regret as I left the post office. I got an email the following day from the eBayer who bought it to let me know how happy they were with it, that helped make things feel a little better as at least it will hopefully be played and enjoyed rather than sitting in a box!

My heart goes out to you Tudorp, pray on it, God will lead the way...

:hug:

Aloha Tudorp,
I say you have a great supportive wife of your ukulele passion...and your lovely Ku'u Poki...I believe both are keepers man...no doubts...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Mine all pull the same stunt. I think, "Oh I can let this one go now" and then when I take it out for photos and then sit and mess with it, all of a sudden it sounds awesome, or is suddenly more playable. So it gets to stay, or not and I regret it. But I usually on reflection would do it again to get whatever I upgraded to.

hehe yup, I've done that exact thing soooo many times, I only need one uke....

but when I think about the value return I'll get on them I think its probably not worth it that money will just dwindle away.

Well.. As fast as the drama last night. I sold two collector train sets, and more than pays for the new uke, with plenty to spare for some parts I need to restore my Gibson Les Paul project too.. Wow.. The good Lord comes to the rescue again.. I hope the buyer for Ku'uPoki'i understands this may very well kill what we discussed.. I hate being that fickle, and like said, know hoe Brett Farve feels now, hahhah.. But, things are looking up to keep the lil gal..

Top Bottom