Why do people hate us so ? my guess ...jealousy

Heh, people with too little time and very low self esteem is my guess. Of course, I suspect that describes about 99.9% of facebook groups, frankly.

John

Luckily, I'm not a hipster! :)

Yeah... pretty sure it's the hipster part that bugs some, not that I care what anyone thinks. There are those that play uke because it makes them feel cooler then those that don't. Music snobbery in general is a bit beyond my comprehension but that is the kind of person that is being hated on in that particular blog.

Somewhat ironic because that is also a form of music snobbery.

Listen to what moves you, play what moves you....... Ignore the opinions of those that would belittle you because of what you chose.

If it moves you, it's right. Period...end of sentence. The opinions of anybody else do not matter.

It's their problem - they take themselves too seriously, and obviously, they have never played an ukulele. That they need to form a "support" group is kind of pathetic.

I don't think it's ukulele players, in general, that they "hate." I think the statement they are making is that they have a problem with people who are suddenly jumping on the ukulele bandwagon to be "hip." What comes to mind is that dopey kid with the dreads on American Idol a few years ago who bought a uke one afternoon and played a bad version of Oz's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on the show that night. All the little teeny boppers thought he was just so cool and original.

Mostly, I think this is about people who are frustrated that they have no particular talent other than posting sh-t on Facebook. Don't sweat it, Public Enemy.

"never mind what haters say, ignore them 'til they fade away . . . "

I like the ending of the post......Say no to ukulele hipsters has no more posts...

That was actually the BEGINNING... facebook goes backwards from most recent to oldest posts.... but yeah, lol. I noticed that only 56 people "like" it (are members of the group). We should all join and inundate them with our youtube videos!

It doesn't bother me , i actually found it more funny than anything ( im pretty sure a few of my friends "Liked" the page as they knew they would get this reaction from me .
They would also know , Being im a fairly fit and big lad, that a slap upside the head is coming there way

ahahaha! that page is awesome! I fully accept the fact that I am neither unique nor ironic.

I kind of want one of their t-shirts. But if I wore it, that would be ironic.

So 56 people dislike hipsters with ukes? It's probably hipsters that failed on ukes, or wasted thier money on 'vintage' clothing and couldn't afford one that joined!

I think the page is kind of a hoot.

JJ

I think it would be fun to get some of the T shirts and wear them while playing ukes on videos and at some events. If the T shirst cost too much, just make use a marker pen to draw a similar motif on a blank T shirt. Obviously it would not be ironic, and if you do make such a video you should deny that it is ironic on the video, use the words "this is not ironic and I am not always unique". Also you could deny you are playing a uke and call it something else, like you are in denial. Maybe even talk about the new and hip SNUPH genre of not-ukulele music while you destroy a heavy metal song on your four stringed instrument that is nothing like a ukulele, except that it is made of koa and has a figure 8 shape and uses ukulele strings. You could say it is just like a ukulele only betterer. I suppose if there were enough videos there could be a competition.

That idea totally rocks! I may just do that. To NOT be ironic, of course. I LOVE IT.

Doesn't bother me. Whatever you do in life there will also be people who hate it. But in the end the only person you have to live with is yourself, so ignore the haters and do what you want to do.

So 56 people dislike hipsters with ukes? It's probably hipsters that failed on ukes, or wasted thier money on 'vintage' clothing and couldn't afford one that joined!

Actually it's only 55. I liked so I could post "hahahahahahah- we will not go away". But I also commiserated with them about having to put up with hipsters. We don't have hipsters here I don't think. After googling them I can see they're probably a particularly annoying tribe.

Top Bottom