digging the Mahalo Les Paul

Paul Cote

Reaction score
I got the UAS bug bad and did get a few cheapy ukuleles off amazon and musicians friend this week. Just got home from Norway and got three ukuleles that came in during my trip lol. Mahalo Les Paul in cherry sunburst and a Luna honu and a Makala pineapple. Of the three I am digging that Mahalo the best.

The Mahalo is by far the most attractive to me. It has high gloss and a nice finish, a binding on the body and neck. It came with aquilas and does not seem to need a setup. The intonation is fine. I had to adjust the nut and saddle on the honu and the makala but not the Mahalo. I did dress the neck wood with vaseline as it looked dry and the frets are sharp on the edges a bit but I don't know that I will do anything to remedy that. I will probably live with it unless I can figure out how to file them a little. I love the sound of it. The Mahalo came with a nice gig bag as well. I can't put it down!

So I'm not the only one here with a serious uke shopping addiction?! thanks for the report . . . now I have to go check out a Mahalo Les Paul! Excellent! :)

Hi Paul,

are you still happy with the Mahalo Les Paul? I'm thinking about getting one for my daughter.

g'day Bruce. I've got one too mate and it's without doubt one of my best sounding sopranos. Very low action and great intonation. Aquila strings also suit this uke very well. Highly recommended from here!!! :)

happy with less paul?

Well I basically love it because of the sound, intonation and looks and playability. The only problem I had was the frets were very sharp at the edge of the fretboard so if yours has that same issue then you have some work to do to fix it. You know I wonder if a little super glue on the sharp edges wouldn't dull them enough. But the right thing to do is dress them with a file.

Good for you! :) Myself I'm not a fan of ukulele models based on electric guitars but that's just me.

I'd consider hanging on a little - Epiphone are releasing a licenced Les Paul uke - not sure how it reviews yet, but looks even more authentic

I was looking at the Mahalos too.............until I saw Epiphone is bringing out an acoustic/electric LP uke for $99. Wish they'd have done more than one color.

Top Bottom