Jake in the Mountains

darkwater

Reaction score
Just got back from seeing Jake Shimabukuro at the University of North Carolina Asheville. He sold out the 350 seat auditorium and had the audience with him the whole way. My Asheville Ukulele Society posse saved seats front and center, so I got the best view I've had of both hands. His new material is really strong, especially live. As awesome as his technique is I'm even more amazed at his arranging skills for ukulele. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was mind-blowing.

I was there! Fourth row center and sooo excited! It's amazing how much he throws himself into the music. You can just tell when he's up on stage, it's just him and his uke. He practically breathes the music. I'd like to know more about your society (if you don't mind). I'm a student at UNCA, and it gets kind of lonely playing by myself in my sad little dorm room, haha. :)

I missed this show due to work travel. Then I found out he was just where I was and missed that one too. Good thing about Jake is it seems he is touring all the time.

I was there! Fourth row center and sooo excited! It's amazing how much he throws himself into the music. You can just tell when he's up on stage, it's just him and his uke. He practically breathes the music. I'd like to know more about your society (if you don't mind). I'm a student at UNCA, and it gets kind of lonely playing by myself in my sad little dorm room, haha. :)

Right now our group is really growing. I can see it now... the Asheville Ukulele Army. The next ukulele jam will be Tuesday, Feb.22, 5:30-7:00, at Laurey's Catering, 67 Biltmore Ave. in Asheville. That's just a few doors uphill from the Orange Peel. People just bring in songs that they'd like to try with the group and we work through them. We have a really wide range of ages and ability levels, so we try to make sure there's something for everyone. And you're right, it's a lot more fun playing with other people. Hope to see you at Laurey's! BTW, if you want to be added to our mailing list you can email me at andymountain@hotmail.com

I will try my best to make it out there. :) And I'll drop you a line for that mailing list too. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom