webcam problem or my own lol

N.O.uke

Reaction score
well i keep recording myself and when i hear myself do it live it sounds decent but then when i record and hear it i sound out of tune either flat or sharp and idk if it is me or what............my webcam was 30 dollars, any recommendations? maybe a mic or something?

well i keep recording myself and when i hear myself do it live it sounds decent but then when i record and hear it i sound out of tune either flat or sharp and idk if it is me or what............my webcam was 30 dollars, any recommendations? maybe a mic or something?

Well I would recommend going to a vocal instructor and having him or her test your range pitch for pitch and make sure you are spot on for what you are singing because a lot of times people can be pitchy and think they are in tune but really aren't. It's just something you have to watch.

Well I would recommend going to a vocal instructor and having him or her test your range pitch for pitch and make sure you are spot on for what you are singing because a lot of times people can be pitchy and think they are in tune but really aren't. It's just something you have to watch.

thanks man.........i will try that

You could just need to listen or try to focus on hitting the notes while actually doing it. The good thing is that you can hear when the note gets pitchy which means that you have a good ear. :)

It would help if you had someone else nearby to help you assess your pitch while singing live.

Yup, common problem. It COULD be your mic if it's one of those crappy webcam mics, but it is such a common problem though.

Don is right. How my favorite teacher put it, is that we're too close to the instrument to be sometimes be very good judges of how it sounds. Like for instance, sometimes to me, I sound too airy, but I'm not.

It happens to all of us. When I started out, to my horror I heard my 2nd favorite teacher say I was having slight intonation problems. You just gotta pay attention, and listen to the notes and your teacher. :) Do you tune your uke by sound? It's the same thing, only you have to do it with your voice on each note.

And sometimes it can happen when you think you're beyond that. It's music's way of knocking you down a few pegs.

Top Bottom