Transformation from a Dolphin uke to a Shark-u-lele

Gillian

Reaction score
I'm a huge San Jose Shark fan, so I thought I'd transform my beat-up sunburst orange Dolphin into a Shark-u-lele!

shark-u-lele.jpg

Good stuff! That Shark-u-Lele looks mean!

Very cute!

Aloha Gillian,
Very creative and it looks so awesome...Wow thanks for sharing....Happy Strummngs..MM Stan

Cool, I love it!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! It was fun to do. I'm definitely taking it to the next home game. It'll give me something to do during the intermissions between periods.

Every time a goal is scored, they play the riff from Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll". I just figured out the chords: E, (4,4,4,7), D (2,2,2,5), A (2,1,0,0) and B (4,3,2,2)

I don't think my Shark-u-lele will be heard above the cheering crowd though....

That is AWESOME!!! So cool! I think that would convince my SO to play if he could play a Shark u lele!!

Very nice shark-u-lele! I hope you learn to play that shark music from "Jaws" on that thing. I wonder if I could turn my dolphin into a Bruin-u-lele.

Very nice shark-u-lele! I hope you learn to play that shark music from "Jaws" on that thing. I wonder if I could turn my dolphin into a Bruin-u-lele.

Whenever the other team is penalized and the Sharks go on a power play, they do play that "dum dum.....dum dum....." cello thing from the movie. I don't think I could play that on the uke...not even with a low-G string!

I can envision a Bruin-u-lele. Spray paint it yellow. I see how the dolphin bridge can be painted into a bear, and of course, their circular spoked logo would go around the soundhole.

That is of course, if we are talking about the Boston Bruins and not that UC-Berkeley wanna-be place down in SoCal....;-)

Now that is cool! Bring it the next time you go to a Sharks game!

Very cool!

Very cool! My 13 year old son is a Shark's fan and thought this was awesome! I'm a Caps fan, wonder if anyone could make a Weagle-lele?

That's fabulous, Gillian. Keep us posted about the response you get if you bring it to a game! (I'm a lifelong Michigander and Red Wings fan, but I follow the NHL as a whole pretty closely.)

It's nice to see so many hockey fans in this thread. :) I wouldn't necessarily expect there to be a ton of overlap, though I did meet another uke-playing Wings fan on Twitter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom